Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"I Love You Too, Cracker" - Bryan

Saturday:
Bryan went to Kung Fu early in the morning, but I slept in so I'd be prepared for my TKD test. The testing started at 3:30 PM. I was pretty nervous because I didn't really feel all that prepared thanks to my new love of Kung Fu. However, my instructor was the main judge so that helped. I think I did pretty good considering the lack of practice.

Here are the pictures Bryan took of my testing:
lined up to warm up
warming up with blocks
hook blocks
sparring
blue vs. blue
round 2
bring it!
blue vs. green
sparring down a level

Here is the video Bryan took of my form:


After my testing was complete we went over to the Kung Fu school to catch the last few minutes of the open house and potluck. :) After hanging out there for awhile, we went over to Ben's where a lot of us met up to watch the UFC fight which was crazy and awesome! It was a lot of fun. I enjoy watching anything in our little group. The commentary is the best! Finally, it was time for home and bed.

Sunday:
We attended the sparring tournament being held at the school. Unfortunately, I was the only girl that showed up at least for white - brown. Since I couldn't spar in my class level, I had to spar up and with all boys which didn't bother me. Once I knew this though, I knew I couldn't win. I actually came in last, but it doesn't bother me because no one really beat me by too much. I think I held my own, and I'm proud of myself for that. The sparring wore me out, and I was very ready to go home.

We then went to do some grocery shopping and then out to eat. We were supposed to clean the house (it needs it sooo badly), but we were very lazy and didn't do much of anything.

Monday:
I subbed middle school and it sucked. I went to Kung Fu that night and started learning my yellow belt material which is awesome! I was feeling wiped out and took a nap on the couch at the school. Somehow I managed to wake myself up and drag my ass to Tai Chi which I'm super glad I did because I really needed the review.

Tuesday:
I woke up feeling a little sick which got worse that night. I subbed at a high school. It was very boring day - weird setup. I was glad to roll up outta that place when the final bell sounded. That night I went to the Kung Fu school and took a class I had never gone to before. It was pretty good, and I finally started learning my first long form which so far I love! I took another nap on the couch at the school. People are going to start wondering if I sleep at home.

Wednesday:
I didn't take any jobs and instead decided to stay home and rest in order to try and feel better. I was pretty much in bed for a majority of the day. I couldn't believe how much I slept. Against Bryan's judgement, I went to Kung Fu. First I sparred for almost an hour and, then I attended my regular class which I left about half way through. After that Bryan helped me go over all of my material which was a great review and much needed. It felt good to get back in bed even if I had been there all day.

Thursday (today):
I cancelled my sub job for today because I still feel like crap. I don't wanna sleep all day, but my brain is kinda foggy so I'm not good for much else.

In other news:
My Kung Fu Toe Hole is getting worse? I'm not sure if it is or not, but it looks worse. I've decided to post pictures after all. :) I expect to hear lots of comments for doing this.



Recent pictures of the cats:

O.C. on my schoolwork:


Blogs you should read:
My food blog and Bryan's food blog. RSS them!

No comments: