Thursday, November 13, 2008

Kung Fu Toe Hole (Ow!)

What a week...

Wednesday:
We had to get up early so we could be at the DPS by 8 AM so that I could get my driving exam scheduled for the day. The slot that they had open for me? 10:45 AM. That's right we drove all the way there to schedule it (this is the ONLY way it can be done) and then we had to drive home then back at for the exam. Bryan of course had to drive me there because I can't drive myself...sigh. We came back at the appointed time, and I did the exam. I didn't do so hot (according to the instructor) at parallel parking though I made it between the poles so I was happy. However, despite the less than perfect parking and forgetting to look backwards when backing up (yeah) they still gave me my driver's license. The real one will be here in 2-3 weeks. It will no doubt have some very horrible picture of me printed on it so that I may see it for years and share it with all the strangers that I meet in life...yay!

The rest of the day was spent hanging around the house doing a little coursework and this and that.

That night it was Kung Fu time! We started with some sparring. I sparred with Ryon for a really long time, but he seriously gave me some awesome pointers and help that I will definitely be using from now moving forward. Then I did my class, and finally, I tested! And I passed. I'm now a yellow belt! I'm super happy because now they will start giving me weapons and forms!!! Yay!!!

Thursday:
I spent the day subbing at a high school (my first time). OMG! I don't think I could ever drag myself back to this high school if any high school. I have never witnessed such a disregard for authority in my entire life. It was me and another sub in the same room so at least I didn't have to face those brats all by my lonesome. We only had 3 classes - 9th and 10 graders, but they were so rude and BAD! One girl called me a bitch after I told her to be quiet for the second time. One boy was drumming on his desk loudly during a test, and when I told him to stop he simply looked at me stone faced and continued. It was a constant battle of wills which I'm proud to say I won every battle, but I was really thinking "Oh my God, what do I do if they don't stop?!?!?" I was never so glad to hear a final bell.

That night I was back to TKD - last class before testing on Saturday. It was a great class, lots of review. I was able to do my form several time and get in some sparring. I'm glad that I'm finally getting better at sparring and becoming better at holding my own in these classes. I got my uniform top back complete with patches and my name. It looks really awesome even if it did cost me a little much (it was a requirement). I'm still nervous about testing. I've had all my attention focused on Kung Fu that I'm not really prepared for this test.

Friday (today):
I took today off from subbing to finish a lot of schoolwork that has been building up. However, it's after 10 AM, and I haven't even started. The house is also very dirty and needs cleaning - BAD! I'm supposed to meet an old friend for a late lunch or early dinner, but we'll see.

In other news:
I have Kung Fu toe hole. That's were you get crater size holes in your feet from the mats. It is not a pleasant sight so I won't post pictures on here, but if your curious enough just tell me, and I'll be glad to show you. It's pretty gross yet I can't stop starring. :) It keeps getting worse, but it doesn't really hurt. I was wrapping it, but I gave up on that. I think it needs to just do it's thing.

Also in regards to Kung Fu - there is an open house tomorrow at the school. We won't be there because I have to test, but I urge you to go and check it out. And there is also a sparring tournament at the school on Sunday which I also urge you to come and check out. All the details are on the site.

And lastly, I opened up my own Cafe Press store, but please keep in mind that I'm still working on it so check on it often to see what's been added or changed. Also, please let me know if you have any suggestions because they are most definitely welcomed. I want to add other things to this shop as well as maybe open another with some non liberty things. :) Hope you check it out...

No comments: