Monday, November 3, 2008

Recap (Up To Halloween)

Wow - almost a week without a post and even after I promised to do better. Tsk tsk. Well, it's because I've been busy and working! :O Let me tell you all about it...

Wednesday night:
Some of the Kung Fu people met up before class for a little impromptu sparring. It was really fun. It was cool to spar the black belts that I don't get to see in class usually. I only got 2 boo boos. :( I kicked Tommy's elbow - totally my fault. It hurt very much. Then Bryan kicked me in the eye! It only left a small mark. It was more of a shock than anything else. I had run before we left for the school so after running, sparring, and then regular class I thought I was going to die! Thanks to kicking Tommy my foot kept me up half the night tingling.

Thursday:
Thanks to being up half the night nursing my foot, I was dead asleep when SubFinder called me to come sub for the afternoon. I managed to wake myself up and get ready and to the school for my first subbing experience. I couldn't have picked a better one. I only had to preside over a learning lab. It was a peace of cake.

Thursday night:
It was finally time to go to the haunted house. We met everyone at Tommy's house and then on to the haunted house. It was in this strip mall...not so scary...that was until we got closer to the entrance. A zombie priest met me in the parking lot to "throw up" next to my feet...more disturbing than scary. But then a clown chased me with a chainsaw. I forget that its all pretend when they chase me especially when I'm running and screaming no! This automatically made my stomach start hurting, and I knew that I had made a grave error. Bryan didn't want to go in the first place, but now that we where there I felt compelled to go in. I tried, really I did. I made it to the entrance and quickly saw that this wasn't going to happen so I turned around and started for the car. A girl clown who had watched me standing outside for about 30 minutes still felt compelled to get one last scare in even though I had never gone inside. She ran up behind me in the parking lot and scared me to tears. I don't think I have ever screamed like that.

I think the whole this was a little overkill. I mean what you subject yourself to by entering is one thing, but they should really tone it down in the parking lot. There were a lot of patrons of other stores merely trying to shop. I saw the priest chasing some girl through the parking lot. If she was as scared as I was, there is a good chance she forgot where she was. She could have ran in front of a car or something. Totally dangerous. I'm a big chicken. I'm pretty positive Bryan was relieved that I chickened out. We went home. Crisis averted.

Friday:
Halloween! I spent the day working at a school down south subbing for a special education teacher's assistant. It was very different. I was scared to take the position at first, but it was all I could get. Plus, I need both the money and experience. It turned out not to be bad at all. There was another teacher there. I actually enjoyed myself, and I managed to grab the same class for Monday.

I wasn't expecting to be working this week so I was very unprepared for the actual arrival of Halloween. We didn't have costumes nor had I carved the pumpkin we bought weeks ago. I immediately started carving it when I walked through the door so it would be out before the trick or treaters arrived. We chose to dress up as well ourselves (our Kung Fu uniforms). I also made some vampire cookies before the kids starting coming in full force. The kids were all super cute. We handed out flier for the Kung Fu school - a genius idea on my part. It was fun just hanging out on the front porch and greeting the children. We still have tons of candy if you are interested.

Video of Bella eating pumpkin (she loves the stuff):


Pictures of Halloween:
about to start carving
digging out the inside
it's pretty much finished
on the porch
bryan in costume
lit up!
cookies (halfway)
vampire cookies

No comments: