Saturday, November 8, 2008

Subbing - It's What I Do

I really regret not posting more regularly. Will I ever get to present day without a posting the size of a small book?

Monday:
I subbed the special education class again. I like subbing. You get to meet tons of different kids and see all the school. It's also helping me see which grade I'm more leaning towards. It's also kinda cool to go to a new location every time you go to work - keeps things interesting. :) The kids for the most part are really sweet, and I really enjoy my time with them.

I received my present from Bryan's parents. It was Marry Poppins on DVD. It's like they know me or something. ;) They also mailed us lots of yummy food!

Monday night we went to class.

Tuesday (Election Day but more importantly my birthday!):
Tuesday I decided not to go into work so that I could go get my driver's license which expired on this day. Yeah, yeah...I know I waited until the very last minute, and believe me, I paid for it! I got up super early so I could be there when it opened so as not to spend all day there. Turns out I could have slept in on my birthday because I needed my birth certificate which was in Mississippi. I never even got a number. I was SUPER ticked off that I had wasted my time and that my license was going to expire before I could get a new one. The Texas DPS site did say that I needed it but only if you know to search really hard to find it. They could really make that site more dummy proof. I suppose the employees of the TX DPS must really enjoy hearing the same complaints and arguments day after day. Wonder what their breaking point is on getting things changed?

So, back home I went. I started watching a movie and Bryan went and got my a chicken biscuit for breakfast. He fed me all my favorite foods on my birthday. He's the best!

I convinced Bryan to take the rest of the day off and play hooky with me! He made an awesome lunch and later followed with an awesome dinner which wouldn't have been possible if not for the food that his mom mailed us. We watched a lot of House since they were running a marathon (great present from the TV!). I FINALLY received my present from Bryan which was too perfect. He found a place that will print paintings on canvas. He had them do a beautiful Munch painting. You can even see the brush strokes; it's crazy and beautiful. He knows me so well! I enjoyed hanging out with Bryan at home even if it did start out a little rough thanks to the TX DPS.

Pictures of me opening Bryan's gift:
It's so big!
What could it be?
But first the card
Will I ever get to it?
Almost there...
Who packaged this?
OMG!
Wow!
It's beautiful!

Wednesday:
Subbed again - my own class this time - a first! It was a fourth grade class - all Hispanic and I don't speak any Spanish. Luckily they were all very fluent in English or that would have been a major disaster. The kids were pretty good until last hour when talking became a problem. The talking out of turn started to get to me. I was relieved when it was time to leave. Overall, my first experience running a class was great. They listened to me, and I feel that I did a pretty good job reacting on my feet and making sure that we got all of the day's activities in found on the lesson plan.

Wednesday night we went to the sparring "class". I kicked someone's elbow with my foot again and boy did it smart! It's only just now feeling back to normal today. I love this class. I'm learning a lot and noticing that I'm reacting a lot quicker than I used to. I'm also able to see thing that are happening where they used to just be a blur. I do love to spar even if I'm not all that great at it. I tried to do the Kung Fu class after this but my foot was hurting so bad that I opted just to leave.

Thursday:
I FINALLY started my classroom observations. It was at this brand new elementary school really close to the house. It was kind of boring just observing and taking notes, but it was an opportunity to learn. Everyone was really nice and welcomed me into their classroom which was nice. It's always good to see what other teachers are doing so I can know not to do that or to pick up some great ideas.

Thursday night I went to TKD which was cool because a 7th degree senior master was there and taught class. I always love taking class under someone knew because they all focus on different things which is a great learning experience. I also realized that I had kinda forgotten my form thanks to spending all my time focusing on Kung Fu and almost none on TKD. I stayed after class and went over it till I had it down again. I better practice because testing is next Saturday! I also got a chance to converse with the senior master. He was really awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When figuring in the rejoin to the question of if the [url=http://www.buybowflexdirect.com] bowflex [/url] does definitely work, From the start you trouble to learn fro the Bowflex vehicle a scintilla more. The Bowflex is considered as being the farthest territory gym system. It is joined of the most famous well-being systems on the call today, and although it is quite exorbitant, most consumers consider it as being well importance it, especially if they isometrics frequently.

Most people had doubts in front of purchasing the Bowflex manner, which is why consumers nowadays hunger for to cognizant of if it works in front they tackle at the and take it for themselves. A handful of the benefits and features that the Bowflex has to offer subsume a unartificial sensible of that comes very close to manumitted weights but without the jarring movements.

Beyond 95 opposite exercises including leg presses and rows, up to numberless lbs of freedom fighters, the bench can envelop up, automobile is entirely handy, no cable chances, a heavy-duty squatting station, and a strapping and tough system that settle upon last you at the end of one's tether with years of heavy workouts.

In effect if you lust after to discern does the Bowflex unquestionably jog, you needfulness to take a shot it inoperative for yourself and walk how you like it. It is truly active to depend on your own bosom characteristics, including how old you are, how often you responsibility not at home, what on the up of adequacy you are at, and so on.

See if you can trek into a neighbourhood gym and undertake absent from a Bowflex motor car, and see what you think already going in the lead and truly buying it representing yourself. You can really not defraud any other counsel or answers on the suspect of if the Bowflex does definitely work.
Although it may profession wonders against one exerciser, you may not discern it comfortable or it may not offer the rigorous exercises that you dig doing. As sustained as you procure the bet to try it out for yourself, you should be qualified to undoubtedly decide whether or not this is wealthy to be the honourable fitness machine quest of you.