Monday, January 5, 2009

Meet Astoria

While we were in Mississippi we somehow decided that we wanted a dog. So, on Sunday we scoured the Internet for the "right" dog. We had a lot of requirements. For example, no puppies or lap dogs. We sent emails and applications for several dogs. On Monday we went to one of the shelters in Austin. We found one dog that was okay, but none of the dogs really met our needs. That night we drove to Seguine, TX to look at a 1 year old boarder collie/lab mix that we found on craigslist. We took her home. She is sooo sweet. We renamed her Astoria. The cats are still getting used to her, but so far she has been doing great with everything. I think we got lucky and picked a superb pup.

Tuesday:
  • took Astoria to the vet to get vaccinated and enrolled her in obedience school (starts the 18th) - both a Petsmart
Pictures of Astoria:
me and the dog
astoria

first night home


on the couch hamming it up



Here is a video of Astoria and Mallos:


Wednesday (New Year's Eve):
Bryan had purchased tickets for us to ride the Twilight Flyer train for New Year's. I was pretty excited about this. We had a lot of fun. I have never been on a train like this before. The people around us were really friendly, and they made the event for me. There was a buffet and of course drinks. There was some entertainment, but it wasn't all that entertaining. Next year I want to maybe do something downtown. All in all, I had a great night. I can't think of a better way to start the new year off right than beside my sweetie. :P

Pictures from New Year's Eve:
about to board
me and bryan
bryan
cute couple
the entertainment
pimping
?
lucy and cher
lucy
marilyn
smokey
miss texas
smokey again
drinking
celebrating
no, I didn't
kiss

Videos from New Year's Eve:


Thursday (New Year's Day):
  • did stuff around house - mainly organize all the stuff from Mississippi :)
I do have a New Year's resolution to keep up with my blogging. I'd love to blog daily, but that ain't gonna happen. :) But I will try bi-weekly at the least. I hope everyone had a great New Year's, and I sincerely hope that everyone has a great 2009.

No comments: