Friday, January 9, 2009

You Have To Buck 'Em!

So, Wednesday night I went to my first Jiu Jitsu Class followed by one of the best TKD classes I've ever attended. Jiu Jitsu was pretty good. My shoulders hurt thanks to some dumb exercise called a caterpillar roll. Not only did I look absolutely awkward doing this, but I was the slowest in the class - yay me! Once we got on the ground and started to do things though I really started to dig it. The only downside was being grouped with 2 girls who found the class way too funny. There is nothing worse than giggling girls sometimes. TKD was also great. We didn't even spar or work on our forms. All we did was KICK! Love it! We got to run at bags and do flying side kicks. Then we ran at them at did jump combos. It was so sweet. Lastly, we practiced our jump 360's on clapper targets which I failed at miserably as usual. I think I'm gonna have to get a private lesson just to get these down or up and around rather. However, if any of my black belt friends want to help me out say maybe for a meal or something well then, just speak up!

Thursday was kinda weird. I awoke early in the morning to finally cut off a horrible dream that felt all too real and left me feeling extremely sad. Then I slept and slept and slept. I couldn't seem to wake up, but finally did. Needless to say, I got nothing accomplished this day - nothing. I took Astoria out for a walk in what was NOT winter weather. Geez, it was so hot! She was panting something crazy, and I wasn't far from joining her. She loves her walks however. The leash training is coming along. She's great, but she just has a little problem with wanting to lead most likely because we don't go at the speed she'd prefer. Oh well, I have 2 less legs than her. She's also learned several new "tricks" since moving in. She's smart though stubborn at times. Bryan and I both stayed home for the night. He cooked a Granny recipe for the first time. He's good at them, and I get to eat food I love! Mmmmm.... Then we played Little Big Planet which Bryan bought after renting it. It is one of the coolest games I have ever played.

I'm not really sure what we are going to do tonight. I am going to my sword class at 6PM. After that, I suppose we'll hang out at home and play more Little Big Planet. Tomorrow I am going to Jiu Jitsu at 9AM followed by TKD at 10AM. Tomorrow afternoon we are getting a security system installed. The company came by yesterday and talked to us about their services. The price was very reasonable, and they were very nice. This will definitely make me feel better when Bryan is gone for business. I know that his mind will be more at ease also. There is nothing planned for the rest of the weekend, but I'm very okay with this.

Stephanie agreed to go to the Alamo's Pop Princess Sing-Along on the 22nd. I am sooo excited! I missed the Madonna Sing-Along which greatly depressed me. I think we'll have a lot of fun. All others interested should meet us there! Yay! (That's my Bubbles cheer!) :D

Photos of Astoria:


Songs I'm digging at the moment:
Fly on the Wall - Miley Cyrus

No comments: