Friday, January 16, 2009

Too Many Good-byes...

I don't want to bore you with a detailed list of all of the things I did last week. Since I've taken so long to post I have pretty much forgotten what all I did anyway. I went to both TKD and Kung Fu/Tai Chi several times this week though I did skip twice during the week thanks to feeling like crap. I was just wiped out on these nights. I couldn't fight my body. I subbed a couple of times including a 2nd grade class which was one of my favorite days to sub so far. They were a super sweet class, and days like this really show me that elementary is the place I want to be when I finally get to the point of job hunting. I also started the third and final section of my schoolwork. I only have a little more to do before I can start preparing (big time!) to take the teacher certification test which I hear is quite difficult.

Saturday was a horrible day. It started out bad and only got worse. The only good thing about the day was the open house at the Kung Fu school which was actually a lot of fun. I won't go into the thing that set it off, but I'll tell you the rest of the day. I tried to go to TKD/Jiu Jitsu but failed to remember it was board breaking clinic. So, I had to return home mad about wasting gas. I took Astoria for a walk and then headed to the Kung Fu school. I met Bryan and we went out for tea and a quick bite. Then we went back to the school for Kung Fu and Tai Chi class. I finally finished 24 - yay! I also am ready to test in Kung Fu. :D After class it was time for the open house. It was a lot of fun. The demos were cool, and it was awesome to see how many people came. Hopefully, we have several new students!

Pictures from the open house:
Master Joe speaking
Master Joe receiving his house warming gift

Here are the videos I took of the demos - not all of them because Blogger is being difficult:


In sad news:
I hate to report but we had to give away Astoria. Though we tried our best we soon realized that we were not a good fit for one another. We tried to walk her everyday and many days twice, but she still had energy to spare. She began to find outlets for her energy which I can't blame her for. However, she chose a destructive path. We had noticed she liked to chew, but the longer she was with us, the more it was apparent. This is most likely due to the fact that she went from being an outside dog to an indoor dog. The more days she spent inside the more she found to chew. On Saturday while Bryan and I were at the Kung Fu school for classes and the open house she destroyed half of the closet including a brand new pair of shoes Bryan had just purchased. Don't worry - I have already replaced them. Finally we had to sit down and discuss what to do. We both agreed we weren't able to provide the time she required. So, we posted her on craigslist and we were able to place her on Sunday. She is now living with a couple. The guy works at a dog friendly office which means Astoria will be able to go in and be with other dogs all day! I know this will be beneficial to her. I cried a little, but I'm glad that we did the right thing for her and us. Here are some videos I took of her on the day she proved to us she could indeed fetch. I love the leaps! :)




On a better note:
On Sunday after running errands galore, we went to the Williamson County Animal Shelter and found a dog that is hopefully much better suited to our needs. He is a terrier mix, and much smaller than Astoria. We learned a lot from Astoria, and I think we can do much better this time because if we can't I'm done with dogs for a long time. His name is Atley, and he is too damn cute! I'm going to pick him up this morning.

Last night's Kung Fu and Tai Chi class were awesome! Master Joe says I test on Saturday! Ahhhh! I better start hammering my material. I'm ready but not mentally. I need to review and review in order to feel confident. I'll probably be testing in Tai Chi during the first week of February. So that's 3 testings for the next 3 weeks...um, yay?

Bryan is gone on business for the week, and won't be back until next Monday! That is the longest we've ever been apart, and I already miss him like crazy.

Don't forget that this weekend is the Pancake Theater which we moved up one night to Friday the 23rd. It will be starting directly after Ryon's class so head on over as soon as your done. There will be pancakes so bring your appetite. We'll be making fun on Robin Hood so bring your wit and anything you want to drink. There will be some beer here, but I still encourage you to bring something you like. Ryon - will the fruit fucker be coming? It's always welcome. :D

No comments: