Tuesday, January 6, 2009

While The Rest Of The World Returns To Work...

Friday:
Bryan worked while I tried to do certain things around the house. Then we had a furious cleaning session to prepare for Kevin and Sarah who stayed with us for the weekend. I hadn't met them yet since they live out of town, but they were super nice. The first night we just hung out around here. I even cooked! I know!!!! :O It was fun.

Saturday:
Saturday the 4 of us went out to lunch. Then Bryan attended my laser hair removal appointment with me. Ouch! That night we played Phase 10 and drank. I love that game. It's sooo much fun, and we did have a blast. Then we went to Kerby Lane for a late night dinner. Ah, good times! Kevin and Sarah, you are welcome back anytime...

Sunday:
Bryan with very little help from me managed to re-catproof the backyard. This time it is for real! There will be no more little "Lewis and Clark" adventures. I'm really glad this got completed because OC and Mallos were becoming quite annoying to be around without their "freedom".

That night Bryan, Sarah, Kevin, and Jason went way down to the Salt Lick for dinner. I'm not a big fan of BBQ anyway, but even so I still really did not like this place. They are real jerks and morons here. Yes, I'm being very opinionated. My conversation with the waitress:

Me: I'd like the turkey sandwich. Can I get the "special sauce" on the side and mayo on the sandwich.
Waitress: I'm not sure we have regular mayo. The sauce is mayo habanero.
Me: Ok, scratch the sauce all together (I don't do well with spicy). Do you make the sauce yourself?
Waitress: Yes
Me: Well, then go find the mayo they use to make the sauce.

Oh well, the sandwich turned out to be pretty good, but I mostly enjoyed the conversation and the stories which were all really funny!

Monday:
Monday was a hang around the house kind of day. It was so cold - crazy Texas weather! I got a little schoolwork done. Some is better than none I suppose. I took Astoria out for a jog/walk for about 30 minutes until my chin went numb. Bryan and I went to Kung Fu/Tai Chi. It was our first time in the new school. I definitely like some things about it, but I'm still not convinced it was the best option. There is tons of room, and yet, there is not room. Hmmm... I discovered that I have all of my yellow belt material. Now all I need to do is practice, practice, practice. I should be able to test sooner than expected - yay! After class we came home and caught some DVRed TV. Ahhh....

Tuesday (today):
It's yet another hang around the house kind of day. I can't seem to snag any jobs. I guess all the teachers are expected to work after their long break. Sigh. I watched a movie this morning. Then I got quite a bit of schoolwork done today - go me! Astoria didn't get to go out this morning thanks to the rain. I should probably keep her out for double time this afternoon or else she'll be off the wall. It's a TKD night. I look forward to being back in class after all this time off. It feels good to use my body again.

No comments: