Friday, January 2, 2009

The SCARE!

Happy New Year! Sorry I've been yet again such a bad blogger, but in this new year I really will try better. Given that it has been the holiday season and life has been more than a little busy maybe you'll let me slide this one last time? You're the best! Don't ever go changin'. ;)

Friday (um, last Friday) and Saturday (consider them one day, they were for us):
What a day!! We slept in...ahhh. Then we were off for Granny's house where she gave us a delicious breakfast of homemade biscuits. Yum! Bryan and I then left to go to Meridian, MS (1 hour away) and shop! Yeah, we shopped the day after Christmas. It wasn't bad though. I had to see the sales. Plus, the gift cards were burning a hole in my pocket. I also had to exchange some things. We did awesome, and walked away with some pretty cool looking threads. After arriving back in Philadelphia, we did more shopping...yay! Finally when there were no more stores and Bryan looked like he'd had all he could take ;) we went over to my dad's house for dinner. After dinner I took Bryan back out to Granny's where we simply stood and looked at the millions of stars. It's crazy how much you can see when there are no lights. It's breathtaking. Anyway, as we shared a little kiss under the stars, Bryan's phone ran, and it began...

Scott called to say that when he went in to check on the cats they could one find one, OC. Needless to say, I was in a panic and crying immediately. We had to wake up Granny, and figure out what to do. We decided that even though it was 10 PM, we had to leave ASAP. But first I needed to load the SUV down with crap that is still in storage at Granny's. I did it as fast as possible. I wasn't about to come home and not put the trip to good use.

We then left for Texas after being up all day. We took turns driving and sleeping. What really made the night special was that my cousin's husband gave half the family his stomach virus. It was about an hour into the trip when I discovered I had caught it. Great. I did the rest of the trip wondering if I was going to see my dinner again and fearful I might not see our cats again. My stomach made the entire trip miserable, but I never did throw up.

We finally made it home to OC. One of the cats, most likely Mallos, had pulled a part of the fencing down and then simply crawled under. I was terrified that they were lost forever. We started looking for them...animal shelters and driving though the neighborhood at a snail's pace...nothing. The longer it went the more frightened I became. Those poor kittahs! We decided that we'd make some fliers. While Bryan started to work on that, I went outside to look on foot.

I started with a weird part of the subdivision where the houses face each other and not the street, a part we couldn't drive. I saw a tree with a hole in the trunk. "I'd go there if I were a lost cat," I thought. So I had a look. Sure enough I could see Bella! It was just her back, but I'd know that fur anywhere. I called Bryan who came running. I couldn't tell if she were alive so I poked her with a stick. She jumped up and around like lightening. When she saw it was me, I swear I saw relief on that poor cat's face. She started meowing to me. We got her out and back to the house. She was perfectly fine, and glad to be home. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was to see my baby!

We ditched the posters and started looking for Mallos on foot. Scott and Kelly even came by to help. We walked and walked and walked and called and called. Nothing! I have no idea where that stinker was hiding. Finally, we had to give up. Every muscle in my body was tired. We were exhausted. We'd been going for so long. I felt bad giving up, but the body was just too tired to continue. Bryan and I took a nap. I was gone before my head hit the pillow. When we awoke, we started trying to think of our next step when that damned cat just came through the cat door like "oh, hey...you're back." We immediately scooped him up and loved him. He ate, and then the rascal tried to go back outside.

Currently, the cats are not allowed outside except with supervision. They can't be trusted. We are going to work on getting their yard back and better than ever.

Before going to bed for good, we had to open the gifts that Bryan's family had sent that didn't make while they were here visiting. We again got some awesome gifts and got to extend Christmas a little. :D

That was a long day...2 days...it's a blur. We slept better than ever that night glad to be home with the family but a little sad to have had to leave early. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. :) I love my kitties!

The missing cats after their return:


Bryan opening gifts:

No comments: