Saturday, October 18, 2008

Almost 26..Aaaah!

I can't believe that my 26th birthday is almost here. It's pretty scary. I'll console myself with presents...yay! I'm kidding. Every year I'm VERY aware of that 30 year old mark that is ever approaching. Remember that list I made? It's all the things I want to accomplish before I'm 30. I haven't forgotten this list. It drives me a lot when I'm making decisions. There are many things on this list that I have been working toward. There are some that I have completed. However, there are many that I haven't even tried yet. I'm not worried (yet) about completing the list at this point. I am aware, however, that I am getting closer to the deadline.

Despite the fact that I am going to be older and that I canceled that awesome party I had planned, I am still looking forward to my birthday. Bryan is paying me back for his birthday. I reminded him daily that his birthday present was so awesome. Poor guy! But now the tables have turned. He tells me it's awesome, but I have no clue what it could be. I do like the excitement.

Want to know what isn't cool about my birthday this year? It falls on election day. I don't want to share my birthday with the results of this crazy election. Ah, can't it ever just be all about me? :)

Well, you can call this shameless promotion if you want but....just in case you were worried about what to get me for my birthday, I went ahead and saved you the trouble. There's this really awesome site called Kaboodle.com. You can organize lists of all the things your heart desires. It's really easy to use. You might find it can come in handy as the holiday season approaches. Here is a my list: My Wishlist. Haha...yeah, my heart desires a lot! :)

The last few of my birthdays were pretty crummy...ok, very crummy. I'm extremely optimistic about this year. I really look forward to spending time with Bryan and downplaying the fact that I'm getting older. I really want to challenge myself in my next year. I've achieved a lot in this past year. I both want to grow these aspects as well as develop some new ones.

In unbirthday related news:

I FINALLY received a breakthrough in the classroom observation dilemma. Yesterday, I was able to receive the form that I needed to fill out to observe in the Leander ISD. Considering how difficult this was, I may just do all 20 in Leander. This is the district I'd prefer to teach in since this is where we live. I know that may be a far fetched dream for my first year, but well, that's what I want. I'm still willing to put my time in anywhere. I just want to teach and get my career rolling.

I was able to score 2 tickets to see Weezer this coming Monday for only $10.15 each. Granted they aren't in the front row, but they aren't in the nose bleed section either. This was a promotion for 101.5. Thanks - we will really enjoy the concert!!

That's all for today. I'll try to do better and post more often.

No comments: