Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekly Roundup (Because You Care)

I think this week has been about getting back into the swing of things after our trip to NYC. It feels good to be back in both of my martial arts classes, but it has also been apparent how much you can loose in as little as a week.

Monday:
It was time to hit the books again. I missed a lot of time to advance in my teaching certification curriculum. It felt good to back to learning. Doing these classes has reminded me how much I enjoy learning. I should do more of it in my own time and not just when I need to. We should NEVER stop trying to learn. I'm sure when I'm a teacher I'll learn a lot I didn't know. My students will surely teach me things as I try to teach them. :)

Bryan and I decided that perhaps Kung Fu classes was better skipped in order to gain a night to just rest. It was probably best though it did nothing to help us get back into the swing of things.


Tuesday-Thursday:
The middle of the week was nothing exciting. I just worked on my classes and hung out here at the house. I went back and forth to both schools. So far I seem to be juggling my martial arts okay. I even got 2 stripes in one class at TKD (for form and target drills). I was surprised to get my form stripe since I only just got my belt. Perhaps things are finally starting to come a little easier to me now that I've spent several months doing this. Easier but not easy! It should never be easy. TKD and Kung Fu both keep me on my toes. I have to keep my brain sharp to remember double the material as well as do the right thing at the right school.

Bryan and I did celebrate 8 months which is exciting. I can't believe how close we are to a year. It still seems like yesterday that I met him.

Friday:
Friday was a good day. It started early. Bryan and I were both up and ready for our conditioning class. That was the hardest workout I have ever done. Seriously, that was crazy. We both had wobbly legs directly after class was finished. We then went to breakfast with some other students and then finally back home. I tried to start setting up my classroom observations again but found it difficult. I can't seem to ever get a hold of the right person or get the right answers or instructions. Sigh. I'm feeling anxious about these because they are due by a certain period. It's not necessarily close, but I don't want to take any chances.

Friday night I started the sword class at TKD followed by Han Mu Do (self defense) and finally a forms class. OMG! This was so hard after going to conditioning class that morning. Sword class was super fun though. I got to spar with it in the first class - super cool! Han Mu Do was okay. I don't really like self defense even if it is the most practical thing that martial arts can teach me. I just really suck at wrist locks. Since it falls in between 2 classes that I do like it would be kinda silly not to attend. Besides, I'm paying for it! :)

Saturday:
Saturday was a long day. Bryan had black belt class at 9 AM. At the same time I had to do another online class for my teaching certification. I then read material for my next teaching activity while I waited for Bryan to finish up. When he was done, we went out for lunch and then for tea. Mmmm... With our tummies full, we had to make it back to the school so I could do my class. Finally after all of that we were finally ready to go home.

We hung around the house and then met Jason and Amy at the movies to watch An American Carol (the worst movie ever made...seriously). Then we ate at out (again!). Finally it was bed time.

Bryan at tea:


Sunday (today):
Today was a VERY lazy day up until I had to take Bryan to the airport. He's off on another business trip to NYC/Maryland. Now I'm sitting at home bored and a little lonely.

By the way, Bryan and I are still limping around complaining about our sore muscles induced from conditioning class on Friday.

No comments: