Friday, October 17, 2008

Granny Was Right.

Ugh, what a week! This week has really been trying my patience in a serious way.

The first sucky thing about this week was that Bryan was out of town until late Wednesday night. It really stinks when he has to go away on business. I completely understand and am fine with this, but the house just feels so empty when he's not here. Even the cats miss him. It was nice to get have him home. We ate at Kerby Lane on the way home from the airport. That was the one good thing about the trip. :D

Next up was Tuesday. Tuesday I was supposed to go to an all day orientation thingy in order to start subbing for Austin ISD. Well, going does not mean you will actually get to sub, but you can't sub without going. It's weird - I know. Anyway, I woke up at 5:15 AM and was ready to leave at 6:20. I wanted to get all the proper paperwork together before I left. This is when I discovered that I had lost both my driver's license and my debit card. Brilliant. So, after spending all this time getting ready and making my lunch, I had to stay home. I turned the house upside down, looked in both vehicles, and called Bryan in NYC like he could help me. The stupid things were nowhere to be found. Yay me. So, instead of finally getting the opportunity I had been craving I spent the morning in a huge pity party. I felt so dumb and mad for losing these cards. And Granny was right - I would lose my head if it wasn't hooked on. Ah, Granny and her wisdom.

The good news is that there are 2 more opportunities for me to attend this orientation. I can go next Friday. It sucks, but at least there is the option. And Thursday morning after barely being home, Bryan went into my car and found both missing cards which made me feel even more dumb. How could I have not seen them? I had already had my debit card canceled so I'll just have to wait for the new one to come. Luckily, they let me keep my Batman design (score!). I still need to get a new license before my birthday on November 4, but at least I don't have to try to get it before Friday.

And the last thing that's been going on this week is classroom observations. I STILL can't get any answers from any of the 3 school districts that I'm trying to observe. NOTHING! No one answers their phone or can seem to help me. I am at my breaking point over this issue. The only thing I can thing to do is actually go to the office. At least this way they can't just ignore my call or not return my messages. I really don't have the time to play around with these people. I have a deadline to meet. I don't want anything holding me up from receiving my certificate in a timely manner. I am doing several lessons a week and am slowly but steadily creeping towards the finish line. I can't believe how frustrating this is become. Trust me, you do not want to be around when I make the calls - a rant almost always follows.

With the crazy week Bryan and I decided to have a lazy night at home last night. It was much need and very nice. But that is over, and today is conditioning class. I can only pray it's not quite as brutal as last week. That shit was crazy! And tonight is sword class....oooooooh! I look forward to it. I rather enjoyed myself last week minus the barely being able to walk from conditioning class part. :)

I gave the cats a bath last night so everyone is currently clean and smelling very nice. Also I was able to clean the house from top to bottom on Wednesday before picking up Bryan. Currently everything in the house is super clean, and I'm loving it. Too bad with 3 cats it doesn't stay for long.

No comments: