Friday, October 10, 2008

Taking A Bite Of The Big Apple

The last of the installment of our New York trip has arrived my friends. Rejoice!

Saturday:
Saturday was a day of food...soooo much food! I had to start the day with the second online class for my teaching certification. It was a good class, but I was glad to get back to the trip. :) First off was a lunch with all of Bryan's family and a couple that was friends with Bryan's dad. It was a full table and the conversation was great. We sat around talking and eating food and drinking coffee for quite a while. Finally it was time to eat again...yay! I was excited because we were going to New Jersey to eat at Red Lobster. I love fish, but I wasn't hungry yet. Somehow I still managed to put away over half of my food. Ugh! I was so stuffed when we left the restaurant that I could barely walk to the car.

Sunday:
There wasn't much to do on Sunday but get pack and get ready for the trip home. Thankfully for the trip home I was able to score 4 Xanax. I took one about 45 minutes before we left for the airport. This is the first time I have walked into an airport without feeling queasy. Bryan did some research before we left and found this site. One of the suggestions was to ask to meet the pilot. Bryan asked, and he came over to talk to us. He was super nice and from Texas. It really did help to meet him. Now at least I had a face to the voice on the intercom. It helped to see that he didn't look tired or drunk. I took another pill about a half hour before the flight. I was asleep before everyone got settled in. Unfortunately some little girl screaming woke me up for the takeoff so I took another...hehe. I ended up taking them all, but I slept for the entire flight! This was so awesome for me and just what I had dreamed of.

Jason picked us up from the airport and drove us home. It was soooo good to be home. I was ecstatic to see all of my cats. I began to take pictures of them because they were so cute and obviously happy to see us return.

After we got settled in Bryan suggested we have one last bad meal at the newly opened Buffalo Wild Wings by our house. It was delicious!

Here is the last album of pictures from New York and our arrival home:

Album 4


Here is a video I took of Bryan's parents' cat - too cute!!

No comments: