Monday, December 8, 2008

Hot Pockets!

You'll only get that title if you know the work of Jim Gaffigan - more on that later.

Thursday and Friday I subbed (middle school then high). They were pretty good days I'm happy to report. I didn't go to any classes, this I'm sad to report. It was kind of a weird week as in I just felt kinda offish. I don't exactly know what that means, but there you go. :)

Friday night Bryan took me out to eat pizza. Then we came back home and caught a movie we had DVRed when all the movie channels were previewing for free (yay us!).

Saturday:
Wow, what a day! Saturday was one cool thing after another. First of all we went to the Kung Fu school to participate in 2 seminars. The first was to learn this really cool form, and the second was to learn to put out a candle with your hand. No, not like waving it out. It was so badass when Bryan and I finally achieved it. I wasn't surprised when Bryan did it, but when I did it I was simply blown away (hahaha...all puns intended).

We had to bolt from the candle seminar a little early because I had a photoshoot with Sam. He shot me in my TKD and Kung Fu uniform. My dad really wanted a pic of me in my TKD uniform with all my medals. While that is very cheesy, Sam still helped. We did the one shot and then moved onto some much cooler moves including getting to beat Bryan up. Ah, I love the way Sam's mind works...hehe. After the shoot we walked down to a bbq place for some late lunch with Sam.

Here is a photo that Bryan shot of me:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30348072&l=33668&id=163200356.

After getting our grub on it was time for Jim Gaffigan! We bought these tickets so long ago that I didn't think it would ever come, but finally it was really time to go see his show. I love his last album which Bryan and I quote all the time. I can't tell you how excited I was to attend this. It was almost like seeing my favorite band. Even cooler was that Comedy Central filmed it for their channel. I doubt you'll see Bryan and me, but you never know.

We had 4 tickets (we met Tommy and Elizabeth). They were really sucky seats. No, really...last row in fact. I got dizzy just looking down. Then outta nowhere the producer of the show comes by upgrade our tickets. Apparently, there is some last row lottery. That was crazy cool and much appreciated. We got to move down to the bottom section. It wasn't front row, but at least I could actually see Jim who was hilarious by the way. He was everything I was expecting. He even did his Hot Pocket bit at the end. I seriously laughed the entire time.

Here are some pictures from the show:
the marquee
me n bryan
no hot pockets!
our first seats - ugh

After the show we stopped by Ben's house for a little bit before finally heading back home.

Sunday:
We decided to skip conditioning...so bad of us! Instead we did some more Christmas shopping. We shopped forever and only managed to knock a few more names off the list - lame! I wrapped some gifts and addressed our Christmas cards when we got home. It was definitely all about getting stuff done yesterday.

Monday (today):
I woke up early this morning to find that Bryan had threw up and was feeling very crappy. I was already planning on staying home. I sure picked the right day. I've been doing my best to help him feel better, but I think it's one of those things that just has to work its way through. He already feels better, but I don't think you'll be seeing him in class tonight. Please don't let me get it too. I've been trying to get more stuff done today as well as work on my next school lesson. I got my lesson plan grade back - 93! I was shocked but elated.

Songs I'm Digging at the Moment:
Power to Change - The Black and White Years

Also check out this link because it's a story that the Jackson, MS local news station did on my grandfather for their series on veterans for Veteran's Day. Be sure to watch the video if you don't like to read. ;)

No comments: