Monday, December 15, 2008

Sam The Man

Taking today off again. I didn't want to, but as Christmas approaches, I find jobs harder to come by. That's ok though; there is always more school work to do as well as house stuff. Bryan's parents will be here tomorrow afternoon. I hope to snag a job for tomorrow (it may be my last before the schools let out for the holidays). I haven't decided if I will try to work while his parents are visiting. I will make that call each day. I want to spend time with them, but I definitely need the money. I'm not just loving the once a month paychecks, but money is money. :)

Austin ISD is having some Saturday training sessions in January - March. They are one Saturday a month which is nice. The training focuses on classroom management. What's really awesome (other than the vast amounts of knowledge I'm sure to gain) is that they pay you if it's your first time (and it is!). I plan to attend all of them because they will definitely help me out in subbing as well as when I have my own classroom.

I wanted to post the link to the shots that Sam took of me last weekend because they are AMAZING! I absolutely love them! Sam has major talent, and working with him was awesome. I always feel weird being on the other side of the camera, but he definitely made me feel at ease. I'm super happy with the way they turned out.

I am so ready to go to Mississippi. I feel like I haven't seen my family in ages...oh wait, I haven't! I also haven't had good Southern food or sweet tea. It will be good just to see everyone and familiar sights. I look forward to Bryan meeting the rest of the family...hmmm...maybe. ;) It will be an exhausting trip I'm sure, but I still can't wait to be back in the good ole 'sip'.

No comments: