Sunday, December 21, 2008

We Have Visitors!

Somehow I forgot to mention that I sold the pink kayak. I mention this only to say that this means that I have to add this back to my list of things to complete before 30. :) I managed to get what I paid for it which is quite nice. I want to get a smaller one when it warms up again.

Tuesday:
I didn't' work. I spent the day doing more Christmas stuff and getting ready for Bryan's parents to get here. We picked them up from the airport that afternoon. It was good to see them again. We ate out on the way home. I know Bryan was super happy to see them. We spent the night at the house. I did leave to go to TKD class. I hadn't been in awhile so I thought I better make an appearance.

Wednesday:
Bryan I went to 7:30 AM Kung Fu class since his parents were visiting. Wednesday was a long day of looking at houses and communities for Bryan's parents so they can see some potential places for when they move here to Austin. We looked at some pretty nice houses including one which I fell in love with...sigh. We went to the green community that is being developed in South Austin. I didn't like those houses at all; they were so cold feeling to me. I couldn't live in one. What is even worse is where they built this community...right in the middle of a very low economic part of Austin. How do I know? Easy - the worst school I have ever subbed at is located just down the street. Yikes! Seriously, you do not want to live near this place. Wednesday night we ate at home and hung out; it was nice.

Thursday:
Thursday morning Bryan and I made it to an open practice class at Shaolin-Do. Later in the day everyone went out for more house browsing while I stayed home to do some schoolwork. I then took a long nap while Bryan and his dad added some shelving to our garage in preparation to the junk I will be hauling back from my trip home. The shelves are much appreciated! I'm still not sure how I slept through the hammering and sawing, but I do have mad skills. :) We ate in that night. Bryan's mom cooked all week which was nice especially to Bryan who ends up doing 99% of all the cooking each week...poor guy.

Friday:
Bryan and I went to early morning conditioning classes (my legs are still sore). It was a little rough on me since I haven't been since I started working. It was nice to go back even if it did kill. Some of us went out for breakfast right after class (a tradition). The day was spent doing a few errands and more cooking. Bryan's mom made her famous rainbow cookies, and Bryan and I stuffed them into nice bags as gifts for our friends. That night I went to TKD sword class while Bryan and his parents had to wait on me in the car (sorry!). Then we all went downtown to see the Christmas Pancake Theater at the Alamo (hilarious!!). I think we all enjoyed that.

Songs I'm digging at the moment:
Love Story - Taylor Swift
In Color - Jamey Johnson
Love Lockdown - Kanye West
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
I Don't Care - Apocalyptica

Christmas Pictures:
artwork from children that I subbed for proudly displayed as Christmas decorations

No comments: