Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Week Off

I have been going nonstop this past week. However, I found myself skipping a lot of the regulars...blogging, for instance. I also went to no martial arts classes this week except for Saturday and today (conditioning).

Subbing:
I took Monday off and did some school work while I took care of Bryan who had caught the Shaolin stomach virus. Thankfully I didn't...whew! He had a pretty rough day, but while he napped I got shit loads done! I also took Tuesday off and did even more stuff. I was really proud of myself for getting so many things accomplished. I subbed the rest of the week. I had a great day subbing a 2nd grade class and another great day subbing for elementary art where my classes ranged from K-5th. A lot of the kids drew me Christmas pictures which I have decorated the house with. They really add a nice and unique touch - cheap too!

So what did I do if I wasn't doing martial arts every night? Easy - working my ass off doing chores and preparing for Christmas and all of the guests that we are having this month - oh, and being dead tired from subbing all day. Those children can take it out of you. I went to bed at like 6 one night...just sad. Christmas shopping is almost done though - yay!

The weekend:
Bryan's boss came to stay on Thursday. Friday night we all went over to Jose and Lucy's house for dinner which was very delicious! I got to see their baby finally. She was too cute. I even got to feed her. Saturday I slept in really late which was perfect. Those 4:45 mornings come early during the week. I did make it to class. When I got home we prepared for the Kung Fu school Christmas potluck. We went to the potluck and got our grub on...yummy! After stuffing our faces we came back home to get ready to host the second installment of pancake theater (the Christmas edition).

Pancake theater was fun though it wasn't quite as good as the first. Perhaps Miracle on 34th Street wasn't the best choice. Still we made fun of it, and I enjoyed myself. We had to drink each time some form of the name Santa was mentioned which was lots!

Sunday was nice. I went to conditioning class and then when I got home we went to out to eat and then to see what goods we could get at the Circuit City closing. We really racked up. I got several CD's because they were 50% off. Later Jason came over to exchange gifts. He got me volumes 1 & 2 of the Goo Goo Dolls greatest hits which I LOVED! The rest of the day was all TV - perfect!

Bryan's parents are coming on Tuesday and leaving on Sunday. We leave for Mississippi on Monday. I need lots of energy for the rest of this month! It will be fun though. I do love Christmas!

Pictures

me feeding miss Sofia


the potluck (this is all that was posted by others so far)



pancake theater (don't ask)

No comments: