Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happy World Pinhole Camera Day!

Happy Pinhole Camera Day!! Ha, bet you didn't even know! Good thing you read this blog!! :) To celebrate, I attended a shoot set up by my meetup.com photography group. It was definitely different. And I have no idea what these pictures will look like. I tried making a pinhole camera that I found on the internet. Mostly it was a bust though. But I also made my Nikon 35mm into a pinhole by removing the lens and attaching a portion of an aluminum can with a pinhole in it (imagine that!). Never having done this and because the exposures are so long especially on such an overcast days, I didn't really dedicate a lot of frames to this project. However, if it turns out good or even lends itself to looking cool, I will probably try it out some more. I finished the roll in the normal fashion taking pictures of the location where we met for the shot, which was the Cathedral of Junk located in South Austin. I took shots with my iPhone:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2009809&l=f2341&id=163200356

Pretty cool, huh? Hopefully I'll get the black and white 35mm pictures developed soon and have those added to the album.

Wanna know how the rest of the weekend went? Well, it was awesome! There was lots of lazy time, and it was fantastic and much needed...for both Bryan and I. I finally feel that I am rested up from the trip to Mississippi....took long enough.

Friday:

I went straight to Bryan's house after work and we went out to get pizza. Then we watched some Arrested Development and hit the sack. Sounds a little slow and boring, but it was just what was needed...slow.

Saturday:

Bryan and I went to Costco on Saturday morning to get a lot of groceries to last us for the week. Then it was to my house so that the movie day could begin. First we watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Somehow Bryan has lived his entire life without seeing it. I rectified that! Then we watched Idiocracy. After that Bryan suggested we go out for sushi. This was something I have managed to go my whole life without trying. Guess what? I loved it! We tryed to watch another movie, but Bryan couldn't stay awake. So, we slept.

Today (Sunday):

I went to the shoot, came back to Bryan's house, and played some PS3 with him. We're about to eat some dinner made by the chef and boyfriend. :)

We've been eating A LOT better this week, and I already feel the results. The goals for the week: continue to eat well, go to class as much as possible, and wake 30 minutes early each day for household chores. Goals for the following week: do all of that and add more excising on top of that.

No comments: