Tuesday, April 29, 2008

May Is Looking Good!

May hasn't even started, and it's already looking good! I was just looking over my google calender and realized that there are some good things planned for this upcoming month. But May isn't all fun and games; it is also time for me to do some serious training. I'm slated to test for my green belt on May 31st. I'm doing good, but life has really gotten in the way lately. I don't feel up to the level that I should be at this point (and I blame only me). However, the there is still a month. I'm really going to step it up. I went to class last night, and it was great. I felt like I'm definitely doing better...which is the point. I even received a few compliments from the instructor. But I don't want to dwell on those because I still have so much work to do.
1. Refine, refine, refine my form
2. Learn all 5 of the one step sparring
3. Learn all of my numbers for kicking (I don't expect this to make sense to you)
4. Get my right kicks as good/strong as my left
See, I still have a lot to do. Ok, so it will be a busy month, but there are some fun things planned too because you have to have fun too.

So far I have planned for the Old Pecan Street Festival, a play (Speed-the-Plow), the May meeting of my photography group, a photoshoot (painting with light) from the same group, and a 3 month anniversary. Hmm...seems like a pretty good list so far. But something is missing....ah, yes...the kayak which didn't make into April's busy schedule. It's on the list (once a month). Well, I'll definitely have to make sure that something gets planned with the pink kayak. Any takers? Oh, c'mon...you know you want to.... Think about it at least.

On another note:
This week has been good so far...yeah, I know it's only Tuesday. Work has been good, class went well last night, been doing well with eating, made a schedule for Bryan and I, and have been doing some research on a little side project. That's really wraps up the week so far. :)

2 comments:

BlueSparrows said...

I'll go kayaking with you! I haven't done it in a long time, and don't own one but I'll give it a try :)

Anonymous said...

Good words.