Thursday, April 17, 2008

Philadelphia Or Bust!

I can't believe it's pretty much here! Of course I'm talking about the trip to Mississippi. Tomorrow! Yay! Um, early tomorrow - 6am early! It's a 10.5 hour drive. I'd like to get there and actually have time to enjoy it for the day. I'm pretty much packed. I have a few more things I need to do, but for the most part I'm ready to roll out now. However, I should wait. I think they may want me to stay at work for the remainder of the afternoon. An early bedtime is a requirement for tomorrow's drive. We're gonna divide the driving duties in half. Bryan will take the first leg, and I'll bring us home (because he doesn't know the way!).

I can practically taste the sweet tea! In fact, that may be the first thing I do once we drive up. No, I'll probably have too pee...but then tea! Ok, hugs maybe...but probably tea! Yeah, I do love it that much. I'm gonna try to bring back some of granny's food. However, I'm making no promises that it will survive the trip. By that, I mean I may eat it! Mmmmmm.....
There is a lot on our schedule of things to do. And I promise to take pics of it all. I know all of you want to know what this place I call home looks like. And many of you may want to see pictures of the local rednecks, I mean natives...hehe...I'm really only kidding! Lots and lots of pictures! Hehe...I wonder how long it will take people to realize that Bryan ain't from around these parts. I should not say that. I will stick out like a sore thumb when we go to visit Bryan's home! My accent is kinda hard to hide. :)

I just wanted to get a post in because it will be difficult to post from home. No, we have internet! We will just be so busy. But I promise, no later than Tuesday that I will make a new post with every highlight of the trip. The cell phone service is sketchy there so don't be upset if neither of us answers or returns calls, texts, or emails for awhile. We'll get back to you when we can.

So, other than the trip there isn't much to post on. Just working for the extended weekend.
But I do want to take this opportunity to plug my coworker's show. Here is the info:

Who: Austin Playhouse

What: Speed-the-Plow by David Mamet

Where: Austin Playhouse, Larry L. King Theatre

3601 S. Congress, Bldg. C

When: April 18 - May 11, 2008

Thu thru Sat at 8pm, Sun at 5pm

Price: $20, all student tickets are half-price

Tickets: (512) 476-0084

Website: www.austinplayhouse.com

Austin Playhouse is proud to close out our first full second stage season in the Larry L. King Theatre with David Mamet's biting comedy, Speed-the-Plow, David Mamet's fast-paced comedy that takes on Hollywood executives with the same perceptive, dark humor the playwright employed in his modern classics Glengarry Glen Ross and American Buffalo.

In Speed the Plow, two movie executives are faced with a choice – produce a sure-fire hit that has no artistic value or an "Eastern writer's" meaningful but commercially challenged book about the end of the world. The easy choice for these two executives is complicated by the arrival of a beautiful new secretary with a persuasive opinion of her own.

This extremely funny look at the morals that fuel the Hollywood machine stars Austin Playhouse Acting Company member Ben Wolfe (Don't Dress for Dinner), along with veteran Austin actor Ken Bradley (recently seen in Hyde Park Theatre's production of The Pillowman), and Hallie Martin (Austin Playhouse's Travesties). Speed the Plow is co-directed by Michael Stuart and Lara Toner, with lighting design by Don Day, and sound design by Jimy Gunn.


Bryan and I are going to try to go probably sometime during the first weekend in May. Anyone is welcome to join us. In fact, please do join us!

On a side note: when I return from this trip I am training so hard! And everyone better give me hell about it if I don't. I'm going to try to keep a better schedule, and hopefully the rest will fall into place.

Have a great weekend!!

No comments: