Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Deed Is Done (Inked!)

Thursday:

Videos of Bella early Thursday evening - this cat is CRAZY!!:




Thursday night I rode with Wendy to Bryan's school to watch him test for his black belt. It was truly exciting. I was both excited and nervous for him. However, just as I figured I had no reason to be worried, Bryan "tore it up" as always. He never fails to deliver an awesome performance. I am super proud of him. I was glad Wendy was there to keep me company too. It was impossible to use my camera without the flash so I ended up just taking video during the actual test.

Here are some of the the videos I took at testing (I would have posted them all, but Blogger is acting buggy):

Bryan's forms:





Here are the pictures I took of Bryan's testing:

Bryan about to test
Bryan awaiting his new black belt
Bryan getting his black belt
Bryan showing off his belt/certificate
Bryan taken off guard by my picture taking
Bryan and Troy
All the new black belts
Another group shot
Bryan and friends
Black belts with their instructor
Bryan getting his belt signed

After the testing a few of us met at the new and may I say improved Kerby Lane.

Friday:
I was super glad that Friday finally came. I worked some extra hours at work, so I was ready to relax.

Bryan went to watch the black belt testing. Jason went to TKD class with me to watch, and then we rented Funny Games to watch while we ate Bryan's chicken spaghetti (mmm). That movie was just...weird!

Saturday:
First thing we had to do was get up...a little to early for my taste. I had promised a coworker I would watch his 2 year old daughter for a couple of hours. I drug Bryan along. No reason I should be the only one awake! It was a good move; the kid liked him better.

Here are some pictures I snapped while babysitting:

Bryan and his dolly
Bryan and his dolly again

After a job well done, it was time to head downtown to consult with my tattoo artist. He had some suggestions to make about the design. I really wanted to get it done before I could chicken out so I made an appointment for 6 PM that night. I was pretty much nervous all day! I had to come home and rework the design a little.

On the way back home we went shopping, and I crashed (literally) upon walking in the door. Naps are the best. We lounged around all afternoon and then headed back to the tattoo place so I could finally get my ink. Yes, it hurt, but it was nothing I wouldn't do again. I love the ink! I think he did an awesome job. It took about 1.5 hours. I was super still and did it one sitting. I'm still getting used to having this dark thing on my back. However, I am really starting to love it.

Here are the pictures Bryan took of me getting inked:

It hurts!
Smiling because it's almost done
Thumbs up for a job well done
The finished product

After getting back home, Bryan made this crazy home dinner for us. It was delicious and romantic. We tried to watch a movie, but I didn't make it 5 minutes, and Bryan wasn't far behind me.

Sunday:
We got to sleep in a little, but finally after waking we started our busy day. Bryan went to buy the iPhone 3G because he got an offer to buy my old one. Then we had to get him packed and ready to board his plane that afternoon. He is currently in Miami for work....all week. He'll be back on Friday at 6.

Driving back from the airport, I dropped by Jason's. We then went to check out the kayaking possibilities at Brushy Creek (awesome), and then we rented a couple of movies. Hollywood Video is currently letting anyone rent Blu-Rays for FREE! We got Saw IV to watch, and I got Cars. Saw IV was scary and gross! Still, it was pretty good. After Jason left, I HAD to watch Cars to get all the scenes out of my head. After all, I'm staying at the house alone!

Monday (today):
I miss Bryan bunches, and it's only Monday! I can't believe he's gone for the entire week!

I went to class tonight. They are putting in carpet in the lobby so after class, we all helped move EVERYTHING into the main room. I think the place will look awesome one all the work is complete. We also got the new schedule which starts September 2. There are a lot of good changes included moving all super juniors into the adult class. This will make our class a lot bigger and better. I look forward to sparring new people and losing to them also. :)

No comments: