Sunday, August 17, 2008

Texas Flag And A Fish Bag

I have learned this week that most things are usually not as they appear. This is a lesson I've been taught many times before, but this time I think it just might stick. I've got to stop being so damn naive! Enough Victoria bashing...moving on...

Thursday:
Girls night was awesome! I really enjoyed myself. I can't thank Wendy enough for inviting me over and Danielle for having me over to her home. It was awesome to meet some new people as well as get my mind off the week which pretty much sucked. The food was good, but I really loved being around some girls!

Here are the pics that were taken that night:
about to enjoy dinner
dinner time
moving on from wine
sake bombs - my first and only
group shot
girls, girls, girls
Wendy and her peeps
me n Wendy
sexy shot time

Friday:
What a day...no, what a week! I was glad to wrap up a very hard work week. I'm getting a crash course in closing out a job, and though you won't understand, it is quite a task. Please send me encouragement as I am still going to be laboring through this in the upcoming week.

After spending the evening being very lazy (if you don't count that sparring Bryan and I did), we headed over to Dan's going away party. Dan, I'm gonna miss you! The party was fun and BIG. However, I was emotionally drained and feeling lethargic. We stayed for quite awhile but eventually went home (way before the party was over). I hope Dan enjoyed his party.

Here are the party pics:
Bryan and I look on as they play a drinking game
Holly's cake for Dan
Dan about to murder his cake
cake cutting onlookers

Saturday:
We slept in which is no surprise. Bryan was begging to eat so I finally dragged my ass in the shower. We ate at a Cedar Park treasure we recently discovered. After that we went to Academy so we could purchase an exercise station that we had been eying. It's still in the garage unopened. There was a VERY nice employee that helped Bryan get it in the car. It's so rare to see someone who will go out of there way to ensure customer satisfaction. It was awesome that he did because we'd been to Academy several times in an attempt to purchase this, and I was most displeased about the customer service. We stepped over to the new department store but found NOTHING we wanted. Finally we went back home.

We hung out at the house for the rest of day. As night approached we debated over several things to do. It seems like this day's activities were doomed. The spades tournament was supposed to be held this night, but it failed due to no one being able to come. Then we had other options planned that were knocked out one by one. After finally deciding neither of us really wanted to leave the house anyway, Wendy said Danielle was hosting again. So, Bryan and I changed our tune and got ready. It's a good thing we did because it was another good time at Danielle's. There were quite a few people over talking, eating, watching football...hanging out. It wasn't anything special, but it was a good time. Danielle set Nicky up his own personal rigged up slip n slide. He didn't quite get the concept, but he had fun playing in the water anyway. He had us in stitches as he struggled to keep his wet shorts up...hehe.

After Bryan and I left and arrived back home we watched Fight Club. I had never seen it before, and it was really good! It was sooo late when we went to bed.

Sunday (today):
No surprise we slept in again (almost till 12!). Bryan left to go somewhere with Ryon, and I'm at home currently feeling a little weakish (blood sugar). We are scheduled to clean house and work on house projects for the remainder of the day/night. I am supposed to be getting a start on it now, but since I was feeling weak, I thought that blogging was a good activity since it requires no standing. :D

Here is a picture of OC doing his thing this weekend. Good for nothing cat...


One last thing...
Bryan helped me rework my tattoo design because the 2 artists that I talked to said the original one I wanted wouldn't work. It took some time for me to pick a location as well as a design, but I finally got it figured out. I contacted a guy at Southside Tattoos about setting up a meeting to discuss the design. I sent him an email of what I wanted, and he said we could meet up on Saturday morning. Yay! I'm finally moving forward with this thing. I'm not sure I'll actually be getting the tattoo on Saturday. I need to see how the meeting goes and if the guy needs to make changes to the design for any reason.

Here is what I currently have in mind.



Please let me know what you think about this or if you have suggestions. I am definitely up for hearing what you think. Share - stories, photos, ideas...whatever! This is a HUGE and permanent decision, and I want to hear anything that might help in making up my mind one way or the other. I am almost positive this is something I want to do, but it's important to weigh in every factor.

No comments: