Sunday, August 10, 2008

We Celebrate 6 VERY Happy Months

Trying to get in the weekend cap a little early this weekend.

Friday:
After ending a very long week at work, I settled in to a nice night in with Bryan. Shortly after getting home we decided to try a place in Cedar Park we hadn't eaten at yet. It was a good meal as well as our last for 24 hours. We are still fasting twice a week. It is getting easier, but it's not always a walk in the park.

With full bellies, we headed over to the new Academy that was recently built close to our house and celebrating their first day in business. We walked all around the place and looked at just about everything. I bought some gloves for the bag.

We finally arrived home for the night. We were very lazy. We watched the opening ceremonies for the Olympics and then rented Bee Movie on the T.V. It was a cute movie. Finally we passed out.

Saturday:
Saturday marked 6 months since the day Bryan and I became a couple. It doesn't seem like it's been 6 months. I guess time really does fly by when you're having fun. :) We planned out a very nice day out to celebrate. First we went to the Austin Nature & Science Center. It was fun, but I really loved the botanical gardens in Zilker Park, which is where we headed next. Finally, we headed to the Splash! Exhibit in Zilker Park. It was a very informative exhibit, and I learned a lot. We were supposed to go to a sculpture garden, but it appeared closed for the day. I was disappointed; I wanted to see some art. Oh well. It was sooo hot and humid that I was just as happy to sit in the air conditioned car. Next, we went to pick up the coffee mugs that we painted last weekend. They are so cute and perfect! On the way home we stopped at Whole Foods to get some stuff to make chocolate covered strawberries (Yum!). Finally, we arrived home. Bryan took a nap, and I piddled around the house. At 5 we left for dinner at this awesome place called The Grove. It was sooo delicious. You have to try it!

After a long eventful day, we finally settled in at home for the night. Bryan bought some wine, and we made the strawberries then devoured them. We played a PS3 game we had rented, watched some television, and finally passed out. It was an awesome day and a great way to celebrate the happiest 6 months of my life. :)

Here are the pictures we took from Saturday:
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2011059&l=82b19&id=163200356

Here is a video I took:


Sunday:
Well, today is Sunday and the end of the weekend. Bryan is currently outside working in the front yard. He was moved dirt and is currently putting down that free gravel. He is amazing, and I am blessed. The flowerbeds are going to look awesome! It's so hot outside. I just don't know how he does it, but I'm super happy that he does. :D

No comments: