Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wanted: A Girlfriend (Silly Giggling Is A Must)

Ok, I'll admit it...right out here for the world to see. I need a girlfriend(s). I need to associate with the female population.

I have lots of friends. I even have some really close friends. And then I have Bryan, my best friend in the whole world. But most of these friends are males, and the ones that aren't are not close friends. I used to have girlfriends. Then at about my 4th year in college they all fizzled out, and I never found another one. Who knew it was easier to find "the one" in a city where you know no one that it is to find a BFF? I certainly didn't expect it to be so hard to find some girls to be friends with. I miss silly girl giggling, shoe shopping, and all the other "girly" things that only girls do. I know a lot of girls, and I like most of them, but unfortunately they are already spoken for. If you already have a best friend then you probably don't want another. If there is a girl in Austin currently in the same predicament then please call me.

Wendy did invite me to a girl's night out with a bunch of girls that she knows tomorrow night. I look forward to meeting some new girls and being in the presence of only girls. It should be a fun night. There better be silly girl giggling! I need to figure out what I'm going to make.

On a lighter side...

Here is a list of all of the things that Bryan and I accomplished at the house this weekend and since:
  • flower beds de-shrubbed and dug up - replaced by gravel (all Bryan)
  • ceiling fan hung (again, all Bryan)
  • we bought stuff to plant in the backyard...currently still sitting in garage but it's a start
  • bought stuff to hang kayak in garage (bought but not hung - still, it's a start)
Work has been killer this week. Seriously. I took Monday night off to be lazy with Bryan. It was nice even though I missed class. Last night (Tuesday) I passed out sometime around 6 PM and slept through class. Tonight, however, Bryan is already at class, and I'll be there shortly. I guess my body needed the rest last night; I couldn't fight it. After class, we are meeting up to eat at Kerby Lane...yum!

We have already fasted once this week - one more to go.

I'm still waiting on those replacement pieces to put my new computer desk together...sigh.

Uh oh...more complaining...

Bryan and I have decided to push back the spades tournament that was scheduled to take place Saturday night. We invited almost 50 people, and only about 15 have responded. Most people can't come which I understand. It seems this was like the perfect weekend for heading out of town or either having family come in. Most of the people who said they would be there didn't want to actually play cards. I hope that by pushing it back till next month it will give people the time to learn to play spades and be more excited about attending. We are playing for money after all. I'm a little bummed that so many people flaked on me, but I'm trying not to take it personally.

I'll be glad for this work week to be over. I'm mentally drained.

Friday night we are attending the going away party for Dan. You will be missed. Good luck on your endeavours. I know you'll do great things.

Here are some pictures taken since my last post:

Before leaving Lowe's - how many things you can put in a Scion tc - it's all how you pack it

Bryan and Mallos - my favorite men


2 comments:

BlueSparrows said...

<---- girlfriend, ahem, girlfriend.


I'm willing to get you drunk and make you admit to liking me a little bit.

...and I may even let you babysit my child, just to prove how great a friend I am.

girls night will be fun. promise.

BlueSparrows said...

Dammit, should have been ---->

Well you didn't say you were looking for a girlfriend with a high IQ score, so hopefully I'm still in the running.