Saturday, August 30, 2008

He's Back!!

Yay! Bryan's back! Finally! I was so friggin' happy to see him. I couldn't stop smiling...ear to ear. Poor thing was exhausted. He worked so hard while he was in Miami; he barely got to sleep. He was pulling 18 hour shifts!! He works so hard.

Instantly upon seeing him my funk lifted. It was good to talk to him face to face. We went to Kerby Lane for dinner and then on home. When his head hit the pillow he was out. He's still out, but I could sleep no longer. No time like the present to get started on all the laundry he brought home. :)

I'm going to do my best to enjoy this weekend as if I were still getting a 3 day weekend. There's not anyone who is interviewing over their holiday anyway. However, I find it hard to be passive. I feel like I must do something...anything...towards getting employed. However, I know that it's important that I figure out what I want to do first. Bryan keeps saying this, but I just can't get past the fact that I'm jobless. I have to do something. I am not comfortable bringing in my portion.

I really would like to do something in art. I'm not really sure what all my options are, and it is an industry where who you knows gives you the breaks. I know no one. Ok, enough of the pity party. I'll try to look at it like this: I'll do my very best to get a job (once I figure out a path), but until then, I can actually get a lot of things done that I've wanted to. For example, I have a list of painting ideas. I could get started on some of those. There's still A LOT of scrapbooking that needs to be done before I'm 30. I haven't forgotten that list. :) There is now plenty of time to get into shape. Oh, and I can finally go to TKD in the daytime if I choose. I like some of these ideas. ;)

No comments: