Friday, August 29, 2008

You Might Be A Loser If...

Ok, this week sucks. No joke. First of all, what a week for Bryan to be gone. It's bad enough that he is gone for the week (back tomorrow evening), but he just happened to pick the week when the shit hit the fan.

I can't say much...not on here anyway. I wouldn't want to. It doesn't seem right to blast certain people on your blog...especially when you know they're reading it. Hi!

Anyway, to make a long story short, I quit my job yesterday. I didn't have much choice. I'd love to tell the whole demented tale on here, but unfortunately you'll have to ask if you want to know. Don't worry though, I've got it down at this point. So, yeah...this week has been hell, and I currently find myself jobless yet again. This sucks because I really thought I had found my niche - at least for a while. I was happy there, but I guess there must be something else out there needing me more. I really am looking for a career. I'm 25, and I'd like to start working toward something meaningful and substantial in this area of my life. Perhaps I am being presented with an opportunity here. I do have a degree in photography (that I rarely use). But, ugh...I don't even know where to begin. I have no connections, no anything. I guess the question is: Do I want it bad enough to achieve it at all costs? Probably not, I like the security of a 8 to 5. I also like the construction industry and wouldn't mind staying in it at all. I don't know what I want to do. I think I could be happy in a few places, but where do I focus my attention? There's A LOT to think about, and I've decided to just take this weekend to try and figure some things out. Everything will be better when Bryan gets back because I need my best friend more than ever. He always had great advice and is a super listener.

Speaking of friends...I know I've whined about my lack of girl friends. I am never amazed at the amount of flaky people in this world (though I do take it to heart each time they flake), but every now and then I'm amazed by someone who steps up and is a true friend. That happened this week, and I have a lot of gratitude to this person for doing the right thing. I'm also amazed at myself a little. I stood up for myself when I needed to. I don't really like confrontation, but I did what I had to do when I needed to do it. I'm glad I was able to speak my peace. It's not nice to be used; it's not nice at all. Ok, the sentences are starting to sound random though they actually all tie in together.

I'm officially in a funk. Bryan please come home!

Wendy met me for coffee last night. Thank you! I needed to talk, and I always enjoy our conversations. Thanks for buying, but more importantly, thanks for being there for me. :) Yesterday was Wendy's birthday!! She stopped by for a few minutes along with Nicky. I love seeing them both. Sorry if I seemed out of it or down (the funk...sorry!). I hope she had a nice dinner. I feel you on that string of bad birthdays. That's why this year I'm planning my own. :D

It's Labor Day weekend. I was looking forward to the day off...not so much anymore. Bryan and I are planning on going to Batfest because the Flobots are going to be playing, and I must see!

September has a lot of things planned:
  • September 9 - 7 months for us (I really promise to stop counting months after a year)
  • September 20 - I test for blue belt; this also the night of the spades tournament (please come!)
  • September 24 - Bryan's birthday (I've already got his present - have you?)
  • September 30 - Bryan and I leave for NYC for a few days (really looking forward to that though it will make interviews somewhat harder)

1 comment:

BlueSparrows said...

I hate that you're having a funk of a week, I hope it improves soon. At least Bryan is back tonight. Although, I suspect he's an alien, and I wouldn't take advice from alien's if I were you. just saying. ;)

Coffee time is always good for me, day times are tough, between nap time and the satanic child, it's harder than I wish it was, but with a little notice, and if it's after 7:00pm, my butt can be at I.A.G. So yeah!

Wow, I just wrote a novel in the form of a blog comment. again.