Thursday, September 18, 2008

Accepted!



I hate to post that, but there you go - the truth to how I spend some of my afternoons while unemployed. Good news though! I FINALLY received an acceptance email from the school where I'll be getting my teaching certification. Yay! They will be mailing it out also for that oh so special feeling of opening up an acceptance letter old school style. Ah, nostalgia. So, I start classes on the 24th. I look forward to finally having something to do even if it doesn't bring in a check. Grades 4-8 look out!

It is with great pleasure that we write to inform you that you have been accepted for admission into the State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC) approved Web-Centric Alternative Certification Program.

The certification areas that you qualify for are:

  • Generalist 4-8
  • English as a Second Language (ESL) Supplemental
Bryan recently purchased me a copy of Ron Paul's book The Revolution. I'm only in Chapter 2 right now, but so far it has been an amazing and informative book which I highly recommend. I think I have a grandpa crush on Ron Paul. He's just so damn cute. I want him to be my grandfather. Haha! I'm just kidding. Old people are cute. :) But it looks like I better be getting used to the younger generation. :)

The week is almost over which is great as far as I can tell. Saturday is a big day. I've been waiting for this day for a long time, and it can't get here quick enough. First of all my testing. I'll be testing for my blue belt which will be held at 11 AM in South Austin. I look forward to ranking up once again. :) I really do look forward to learning a new form. I also better really start working on getting all the 360 jumps down. I will definitely be expected to be doing them in class. I also must step up my sparring. I think my main problem isn't the actual sparring, but being able to have the energy to complete even one round. Yes, even one! I have to start working out outside of class - this much is apparent. Lots to do but I'm ready.

Saturday is also that long awaited Spades Tournament. I'm so looking forward to this event. I really hope that most everyone shows up. I know a few people have this and that to do, but I really would appreciate everyone else showing up. Pleeeeeeease. See, I'm begging. :) It really will be a lot of fun. There will be food and fun galore. There will be cards of course with the possibility of winning some cash! There will also be lots of conversation and other things going on. To miss this event would really be a travesty. Really!

There is tons of cleaning that must occur before the tournament. Also Bryan must cook something and the tables have to be arranged. Whew...I'm tired just thinking about it. I might just need a nap (reference the beginning)...hehe.

So, on one last note. I have not been back to my TKD school since the little altercation with the "crazy" lady. I'm not afraid to go back. I'm just not excited to go back. I really don't know what this means....sigh.

No comments: