Friday, September 12, 2008

New Car Smell

Yesterday was a long day, a long day indeed, but it was a great day too. Okay, I got absolutely nothing done toward a job, but I still felt it was a day well spent.

Yesterday Bryan and I spent pretty much the entire day at Capital Kia. Bryan wanted to trade in his car for something else. I think we got the best thing on the lot. :) It's pre-owned, but barely! It's a 2004 Kia Sorento. I love it! It only has 30,000 miles on it. Whoever owned it first must have used it only to get around town. It's completely loaded included heated leather seats (which I'll use and Bryan most likely will not). They even threw in free window tinting which we are scheduled to get done on Tuesday. We also went to Circuit City and bought a new CD receiver (this link may or may not be our model, but very close). They had to order the right kit for it. As soon as it comes in that will get installed, and the new ride will be all set. I think we are really going to enjoy all the extra room this SUV has to offer. Now we can haul stuff, people can ride easily in the back, and Bryan can haul all of his crazy kung fu weapons with ease. :)

Pictures of the car:




Loooves it!

After a super long day at the dealership, we piled up on the couch for several episodes or Arrested Development and then bed! I was so tired; I crashed within minutes of settling in which makes me wonder why at 2:18 AM I was wide awake. I have yet to grow tired. I know this means I'll want a nap this afternoon which I hate because they leave me all groggy, and I want to go to TKD tonight.

Today I need to mail off the stuff for the Leander ISD substitute teaching application. It's the only one I have fully completed. Then I'll need to cross my fingers and pray. Speaking of teaching, I received an email from the school that I'll be doing my certification through saying they had to push back classes from the 17th to the 24th because of the hurricane! ARGH! I swear that life is really working against me lately. Sigh...

Tomorrow should be fun though with the board breaking clinic I'm supposed to help with and then Lucy/Jose's baby shower. I'm looking forward to both. It will be pretty cool to see the kids break boards. I'm sure many will easily show me that their skills are far superior to mine. :) I just hope I don't get it in the face with a board - Ouch! I've seen it happen. I'm not really worried about breaking boards at the moment. For now I'm focused on the 20th and testing! I can't wait to wear that nice new belt. I finally break them in only to get a new one.

I'm ready to get this weekend started. Oh hell, what am I talking about? I'm on constant vacation. Sigh, again...

Artists I think you should know:
Dolk - His imagery is amazing and hard to ignore. His images are fairly simple in design/color- usually stencils on walls - but his imagery speaks volumes - a lot of social commentary.

No comments: