Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Missed Da Bats Again!

This weekend seemed super long. Then again, being unemployed is like a BIG and constant weekend. Monday was Labor Day, and Bryan took Tuesday off. We've done a lot of playing, but Bryan finally had to go to work leaving me feeling more useless than I already did. Don't get me wrong, he's been more supportive than I could ever have hoped for and this is all me and my pity for me, but still, I do feel very worthless at the moment. On to the weekend recap...

Saturday:

Bryan slept in big time, but who could blame him after the almost sleepless week he had experienced. I was up at 6 am (dunno why)! Bryan took me out for a late breakfast and then we ran a few errands as well as picked up some movies and games. Then we chilled all night watching our movies. It was good to spend some quality time with Bryan after his long week away.

Sunday:
It was another lazy day. After finally waking up and watching another movie, we poked around the house till it was time to go to Bat Fest. We mainly went to see the Flobots, but we also saw Alpha Rev (pretty good) and Ludo (ugh!) as well as made a loop through the vendors. The Flobots were soooo awesome! The energy and passion they had was amazing and easy to get swept up in. They definitely know how to give a performance.

Here are the pictures that I took at Bat Fest:
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2011345&l=c3784&id=163200356


Here are the videos that I took of the Flobots at Bat Fest:


Monday:
Labor Day - a day off for the masses, just another day for the unemployed. We were lazy - very lazy. We bathed the cats - no easy feat let me tell you!

Tuesday:
The last day with Bryan before he had to go back to work. We were pretty lazy but not completely. We both went to noon classes at our schools. It was the first time that I've ever had the opportunity to go to class during the day. It was pretty nice. That afternoon, Bryan helped me go through all the kitchen cabinets to clean out and organize them. We managed it in one hour. Now the cabinets have lots more room and are looking oh so nice. :) Bryan went to his night class, and I watched yet another movie. When he got home we watched the last episode of the season of my new television obsession The Secret Life of an American Teenager.

Wednesday (today):
I spent most of the morning interneting. Then Bryan and I met a couple of this friends for lunch. Once home again, I finally started tackling my job search. This weekend we talked about a few options. It didn't last long before I broke down in tears. Later I was talking with my Grandmother and I finally talked myself into some sort of plan.

The Plan:
I was thinking about getting my teaching certification back when I was working for LGI. I wanted something else to do. I definitely like that the summers are free. I like this because it will give me time to do art every year. However, I'm really attracted to it for the future. When I have children, this schedule will allow me time to spend with them as well as travel back to Mississippi. I found a teaching certification site that will allow me to do all my coursework online. Normally, I'd be like no, but it's accredited by the state of Texas. I like the way the site lays out the coursework and options. The next class starts September 17. This will allow me to work towards something while I search for a job. If I find a job I love then I can stick with the job and know that I always have teaching to fall back on. If I don't like the job then I can quit as soon as I can find a teaching position. God forbid, but if I don't find a job at least I'm working towards getting one. I currently have the company looking over my transcript to see what I'm eligible to get certified in. Once they get back to me, I'll be able to apply and move forward.

Good news is that I have a job interview tomorrow. I can't say I'm terribly excited about this position or company, but I'd like to do the interview and see how it plays out. I never want to terminate an opportunity too quickly. Hopefully something will work out soon on both accounts.

The Cats in recent pictures:

Bella




OC

No comments: