Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Argh!

The week drones on - more of the same. I'm currently still working on applying to the local school districts to become a substitute. I still need 2 more letters of reference - anyone? Don't all jump up at once. I am also still waiting to hear from the school for acceptance. I don't believe all of the paperwork has made it into there office which worries me because classes start on the 17th (eek!) In my mass amounts of spare time I have been trying to keep the house clean while tackling a few things around the house when I have time.

Example:


Okay, bad example! But I do love naps and my kitties especially when they are combined.

I just finished editing all of the pictures I took on Saturday (the kid's shoot). They turned out really well. My friend is scheduled to pick them up tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to what she thinks of them. I think she'll really love them, and hopefully the rest of her family as well.

What else have I been doing with myself? I've been going to class pretty much every night. Testing for my blue belt is on the 20th. I have really been enjoying the new schedule and having the older kids joining the adults. It makes the class a lot bigger while keeping things interesting. My form is looking pretty good. I'm confident on this, but my sparring could use a little something...more combination attacks perhaps. I finally got all 3 of my stripes so I am prepared to test. I hope I don't get as nervous this time, but somehow I almost imagine I will. I think I'll let Bryan sit on the floor this time! :O

I have also been getting ready for the Spades tournament the same day as my testing. We have invited so many people, but I am still unsure as to just how many will show up. However, many of our usual gang have given confirmation of their attendance which makes me super happy. I wonder what all yummies people will bring over. I love a potluck. :)

This weekend is equally as full as the next weekend. Saturday Bryan has training, and I have offered up my assistance helping with the child board breaking clinic. I have chose not to go to the adult on (better to save my $20 me thinks). But the instructor did say he'd let me try after the kid's clinic is over. I dunno about this...kinda scary! I think I'd like to put of board breaking for a little longer. Hell, I haven't even gotten down a single 360 jump yet. Sigh...

Saturday afternoon is Jose and Lucy's baby shower. I have my gift wrapped and ready to go. I love being ahead of the game for once. :) Sunday The Austin Museum Partnership will hold the 11th annual Museum Day (all museums are FREE!). You know how I love free stuff. I have picked 4 places I really want to see, but there are sooo many to choose from.

Well, Bryan and I are having dinner at Kerby Lane....mmmm...pancakes! So, I better be off...

Songs I'm digging at the moment:
Addicted - Saving Able
So What - Pink
Closer - Ne-Yo

No comments: