Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's Really Looking Up Now

I went back to the North Austin location of TKD Plus last night. If you've been keeping up with this little saga then you know that I was really nervous about returning to this school. However, I am pleased to report that it was the best class I've ever taken including the old days back in Chattanooga. I suppose that first class on Saturday was a fluke. Ah, these things sometimes happen. Anyway, the class was amazing. I learned a lot, and I enjoyed myself in the process. I thought the teacher was amazing. I loved his teaching style. I appreciated that he was able to be technical - really break down the movements. I also really like how he made the whole class do exercises but understood that the lower belts can't do the same thing as the black belts. I couldn't believe when the class was over - I was having such an awesome time. I bought a book and dvd from the school in an effort to catch up and practice on my own. I really like the ITA program, and I believe their materials are really going to boost me along in class. Practice makes perfect after all. I'm taking a night off from TKD tonight but will definitely be attending class on Thursday. However, I will be running tonight! No rest - my pursuit continues!!

On another note:

I'm going home to Mississippi in mid April. I'm so excited! Now that it's been decided, it's all that I can think about. Ugh...it's still over a month away!! I know I just went home for 2.5 weeks in December, but I miss it and my family already. I can not wait to see everyone. I can't wait to eat my Granny's cooking!! I'm actually going for a wedding. One of my childhood friends is getting married. I decided that this would be the perfect time to go ahead and let Bryan meet the crazy family I come from since I didn't want to be dateless to the wedding. I'm pretty nervous about him meeting the family. I know they'll like him...but...will he like them?? I'm from rural Mississippi - we are pretty much rednecks. I wonder if Bryan will think he's been transported to the Twilight Zone...hehe. No, my family is pretty cool, and I like em a lot. I'm almost positive he will too. It will be a lot to take in though. I have a lot of family! I'm pretty excited just to show him where I grew up. I grew up on the best 140 acres in the world!! I really miss sweet tea....sigh. It's the one thing Austin is missing.

Things getting on my nerves lately: my job!

No comments: