Monday, March 31, 2008

Fish Stick Fenis Fun - Pancake Style

Wow...what a weekend. The weekend was so amazing that I don't even care that it is Monday. OK, I care that it is Monday...just not as much as normal.

Friday:
Friday after work I took Bryan out to eat in celebration of his new job. He picked North by Northwest. The food (and wine) was really good. It was the perfect end to a boring week of work, work, work.

Saturday:
Saturday was errands. So many errands. But it was awesome to get things off my to do list. And doing boring errands with Bryan made it much more enjoyable. :) We stopped by Half Priced Books to look for...you guessed it...books. Well, one in particular, but we didn't find it. I bought a book by Denise Austin called Shrink Your Female Fat Zones. Yeah....perhaps it will be good. I also got a workout DVD - something about female warrior. It looked like it was geared toward martial arts. Never know...thought it was worth a try. I'm always on the lookout for any new workouts that I can add in to my existing just to keep things interesting and fun. Lastly, I bought a book about darkroom printing. It's been awhile since I was in a darkroom. For a buck I thought it was worth the buy for future reference if it was ever needed.

Saturday night was the Pancake Theater (Episode 1 - Waterworld). This was so much FUN! I made so many chocolate chip pancakes. There were none left at the end of the party. And 3 people brought margaritas. Funny that 3 people would think that margaritas would go with pancakes. (I was one of the three ;) ). Ryon truly put us to shame with his, at least in his eyes. However, his blender actually did put us all to shame. That was one awesome blender. After stuffing ourselves on chocolate chip pancakes, we finally made it to the main attraction - bringing a little shame to the movie Waterworld. True to Alamo Drafthouse Pancake Theater, we started the movie off with a drinking game and trivia. Thanks to Bryan for coming up with our drinking game phrase ("murmaider"). And congrats to Elliot for winning (barely) the trivia. I really didn't realize just how shitty this movie is. The dialogue was horrid. However, the commentary provided by us was hilarious. I was laughing so hard throughout the entire movie. Bryan's word combining was the best (fenis and eargina)! But I'm going to have to give the best line to Ryon for his phrase about eggs and fish mating. I don't think I can actually write the phrase here, but trust me, it was hilarious. I ended the night with a lil Rock Band and said good night.

Here is a link to the pics from the Pancake Party - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2009449&l=febc7&id=163200356


Sunday:
Slept in a little...no surprise there. Started the day off with lunch at Mandola's Italian Market. That was some awesome pizza. Yummy! We dropped by Barnes and Noble to hunt down some books (naturally). I didn't find what I came looking for but did locate a book that was just what I've been needing. It was book on lighting in photography. It's truly the most comprehensive book I've ever seen on lighting. I had to have it! However, I'm a cheapo! "I wonder if amazon.com has a used version for cheaper?" I asked. "Why don't you look on your iPhone now?" Bryan responds. Bryan, you are a GENIUS! And they did have a used copy for cheaper (even with shipping and handling). Yes, I bought a book off amazon.com while sitting in the floor of Barnes and Noble. Look out chains of the world....the iPhone will bring you crying to your knees. Some of us just can't help being naturally resourceful. Before you go feeling bad for Barnes and Noble...Bryan bought a book and I purchased the soundtrack to Juno. I loved this movie and also the song that the couple sings at the end of the film. I had to have it too! It's such a good CD. Very indie...but very good. I love it. I did good.

Moving on with the day... I'd been wanting to take Bryan to Mount Bonnell for several weeks now. Sunday seemed to finally be the perfect day. It was perfect. Mount Bonnell has such an amazing view. After staying there for awhile taking in the beautiful view Bryan suggested that we hit up Hula Hut for dinner. It was pretty good. I liked the atmosphere a lot. Then we walked over to Mozart's for coffee on the water. We stayed there for awhile...watched the sun set. We went home and Bryan did some interneting and I played Virtual Fighter 5 (PS3) that Bryan rented on Saturday.

See? The best weekend.


Here are some pics from Sunday afternoon

View from Mount Bonnell


Bryan showing off the beautiful scenery at Mount Bonnell


Some love flowers graffiti found at Mount Bonnell

Some signs at Covert Park/Mount Bonnell



Couple of shots of Bryan at Hula Hut




Bryan at Mozart's

Me at Mozart's

View at Mozart's

2 comments:

BlueSparrows said...

You take such great pictures!!

yellow_gin said...

hmmm...you think? Thanks!! I guess that degree helps after all.
:D