Monday, March 17, 2008

Sitting Pretty In Pink

Yesterday I finally got that pretty pink kayak out on the water. Jason, Bryan, and I hauled her down to Town Lake. Well, actually...we just fastened her on the roof of the car and let the car do the hauling. They rented which is fine if you're into that sort of thing. ;) But seriously, it was kinda cool having my own. It's official - she floats! I thought that she was great. It was windy and a little chilly but overall a pretty nice day. We were only out there about an hour...a good amount for a first time. However, we covered some good ground...er water. And my shoulders are killing me! That was one serious upper body workout. I was glad that both Bryan and I made it out there given our current state of health. We also discovered that none of us, even with our powers combined, know anything about South Austin...lame. (10 points for getting that cartoon reference)

Speaking of...I worked from home today. I just felt BLAH! I'm skipping class tonight. I'm not
sure sweating and jumping around are really the thing I need right now. However, I'm gonna watch my official ITA TKD video and try to get my form down for class whenever I do feel up to going back. I'm tired of being lost in class. It's time to step up my game. Hopefully, I won't have this thing too badly, and I'll be back on my workout schedule soon. I would really hate to lose even one more day to this stupid cold. I was really making some headway on that killer body. :)

Here are the pics from the kayak voyage:

2 comments:

The Bryan said...

I know, I know!! CAPTAIN PLANET!!!

yellow_gin said...

yes....10 pts! thank you for coming over from your rss feed just to post that :)