Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bring Your Game Face He Says

Oh Tuesday...you are a rough one. I feel crappy. Not sick crappy...PMS crappy. And well, that's enough on that subject. Except...OMG...can someone please get me something to eat. I ate, and I'm still starving! PMS, you suck!

Our house just keeps getting better and better. It is just so exciting and awesome. Yesterday the cushions for the outdoor futon on the front porch arrived. They are such a pretty green which just sort of brings the porch to life. Now we can sit out there and enjoy being outside. Our house looks very welcoming from the outside now. :) Bryan had some yard work done yesterday also. We now have no flower beds around our trees. This is awesome because me nor Bryan know anything about flowers or shrubbery. We can't keep up a flower bed. This has led us to rethink the flower beds currently in front of the house. These can't be removed - so says our HOA - blah! We are going to try to remove all of the current bushes and put down some rocks and cacti instead. This way we have something pretty yet something we can actually keep alive...at least that is the goal. I am just not a garden type of person, no green thumb here.

I'd also like to see some stuff happen in the backyard as well. I would love to entertain out there more. We both have some ideas though they seem a little larger than flowerbeds. :)

This weekend for some odd reason, I decided that a spades tournament must occur. I have a bad tendency of getting an idea and running with it. Soooo...now one is set.

Date: August 16
Time: 7 PM
Place: our house

  • Come with a partner - one will not be provided for you (I don't want anyone to show up and be left out).
  • $5 to enter per team - winning team takes the pot (split how you see fit)

I'm excited about this event! It should be a lot of fun. I'll definitely have to work on getting some more tables. Anyone coming that might have a fold up table they can bring? Well, we will figure something out. Everyone has a couple of weeks to practice so, in the words of Ryon, "bring your game face!"

This weekend Bryan and I talked about taking the train to Burnet, TX. I'm excited about doing this. I have never ridden a train before, and I love going to new places. It will be like a fun little adventure! I know - I get so excited about the smallest things. :D Well, at least I'm never bored!

I'm so ready for Friday night. I can't wait to get a new belt. Senior green, oh yeah! And on September 20 I'll be testing for blue belt, and blue belt means weapons!! I am very excited to start working with and learning to use weapons. There are only 2, but I'll take them.

Tommy pointed out to me yesterday that while it was great that Bryan was finally able to view my testing, when was everyone else going to be allowed to watch? Well, I'm sure none of you will actually show up, but you're all invited to watch my blue belt testing (Sept. 20). It lasts about an hour, it's all the way down south, and it's not very exciting. Have I deterred you from wanting to come yet? :)

Has anyone watched this new show on ABC Family called The Secret Life of an American Teenager? I know, I know...this is dorky television, but I love it. I have this one DVRed, and can't wait for the next episode (tonight!!). Please make fun of me now...

Well, I'm going to go so I can get back to the rest of my crappy day.

1 comment:

FDC Movies said...

Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop
myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up. :