Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ready To Work...If I Have To

Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday - where's Friday?

Last night's TKD class was pretty good. We had an instructor who was filling in, and it was awesome to get to take under yet someone else. Each instructor brings their own take on the art and focuses on different aspects of it. It's always nice to mix it up. What I liked about this lady was that she emphasized a lot more relaxed sparring. I actually had time to think when I was sparring. It made it a lot easier to start to put together combinations. After class I ran. I'm super glad that I have gotten back into running. I like going after class because the neighborhood is dark and quiet. It gives you a moment to think.

Last night I got this text from AT&T - please can anyone tell me why? Pay close attention to the time it was sent.

That's right - 12:10 in the friggin' morning! I'm glad that they are keeping me in the loop with their features, but c'mon...some of us have to work!

I have recently tweaked my diet. I had been eating healthy, but I seemed to be gaining weight. I went back to what I know works for me which is a very low fat diet, and I can see the results. We are still doing eat-stop-eat (today - till lunch). Between the two I have noticed a dramatic difference this week. My tummy is getting very flat! :D My legs/ass are looking better. I suppose it is time to step up the workout routines. I will probably hold off until I get the garage in order. Bring back the fit forge!!! Poor Bryan...he can't even get into his home gym thanks to lots o' crap of mine and furniture for sale.

Speaking off for sale...now would be a great opportunity to say again that we are selling:
1. Blackjack II (cell)
2. 2 home phone handsets (very sleek and nice)
3. bedroom suite (bed frame, 2 side tables, drawers)
4. computer desk (glass/metal)
Any takers? Well, just let us know. If it helps, Bryan can point you in the right direction of the craiglist.com postings for all specs/pics/info.

What's coming up:
- first and most important (hehe) - lunch date with Bryan (may the 24 hours end!)
- this Saturday is Scott's party - hell yeah!
- this weekend Bryan and I will most likely attempt to finish the kitty proofing of the back yard
- next Saturday is my testing for senior green (most likely letting Bryan watch me for the first time)
- lots of TKD classes to prepare for testing
- August 1 - ranking/belt ceremony (this is assuming I pass testing) :)
- August 1 is also my parents anniversary (awwwww)

Totally switching gears here...let's get techy. Some of the apps I'm loving from iTunes:
1. Pandora (tell them what kind of music you like and they'll find more of it)
2. Midomi (lets you grab music (heard, sang, spoke, typed) so that you can find out what it is and then purchase it from iTunes if needed)
3. Restaurants (give you the all too real nutritional information on fast food menu items (see Bryan's blog) and maps to the nearest in case you still don't care)
4. Movies.app (finds all local theaters/show times for you - buy tickets - maps)
5. WeatherBug (it has radar - enough said!)
6. CheckPlease (helps you calculate split checks/tips - useful)

I'm also really digging the new additions to the iPhone courtesy of the 2.0 firmware such as screenshots and options to change the .com to .net, .org, etc. Very cool indeed, Mr. Jobs.

Oh, and check out this awesome site for way cool wallpaper for the iPhone. When you use it from your iPhone it is simply amazing. Very easy navigation and beautiful, high-resolution pictures.

Songs I'm digging at the moment:
- 6 Underground by Sneaker Pimps
- In the Ayer - Flo Rider

No comments: