Monday, July 28, 2008

She's Gotta Mean Hook Kick To The Head!

Thursday night:
Bryan suggested that we go out for coffee. I suggested that we bring Uno. Together we come up with some smashing ideas. :) After we had been at the coffee shop for awhile, Wendy came and joined us. I was currently killing Bryan hand after hand at Uno. After Wendy got her coffee, we dealt her in. After playing with Wendy, I learned that I'm competitive and a little crazy. This is true perhaps, but she's gotta work on her delivery. I will try to relax a little Wendy. :D

Friday:
I went to TKD - my last class before my testing. I left half way through, because I forgot that Friday night classes are twice as long. Bryan and I had planned on going out for dinner so I didn't want to be out to late. Class was great and so was dinner. We ended up deciding on Trudy's after much internet searching and debating. I hadn't been there in awhile so, it was quite a nice treat. I love a mexican martini from there. Thanks for that Bryan! After arriving back home, we crashed...I crashed hard - thanks mexican martini...hehe.

Saturday:
We couldn't sleep in too long because it was testing day! I finally decided to let Bryan come with me. I had always thought him being there would make me more nervous, but it actually gave me a confidence booster. I was happy to not have to go alone. It's nice to know he's always there to cheer me on and support me in all I do. I am a lucky girl.

We got to testing a little early; it's always a nice to be a little early. I made Bryan sit up in the balcony section to watch my testing. I thought if I could see him easily it might throw me for a loop, but I think next time he can sit on the floor. I'm so silly...I know!

Testing always makes me nervous, but after my form blanking at tournament, I was even more nervous. When I got up to do my form, all I could thing was, "Don't throw up, don't throw up." Yeah, I know - gross! My heart was pounding so hard. I managed to actually do my form. It wasn't the best, but still I thought it went well. I was too nervous to remember all the little things, but overall I am happy with my performance. Finally, it was time to spar. There were 2 rounds, each 1 minute, 30 seconds, and you get a different partner for each. My first round was against a blue belt. Both of my rounds went excellently. I was happy with my delivered kicks/punches. I made sure to do a few combinations as well as some jump kicks. I have been working lately to try to include those when I spar. Here is what Bryan had to say on my testing:

I thought that her form went really well. She did a really good job on it. I was really proud of her b/c I know she was very nervous. Her sparring was even better to watch. Not only were there numerous hook and roundhouses delivered to other people's heads, but straight up sucker punches to their stomachs. Now, I guess you can't really call it a sucker punch b/c you are sparring. It's funny to watch how people will just leave themselves open and get it. Needless to say that was also really good to watch. I was very proud of what I saw. Hopefully, I can sit closer next time =).

Here are some pictures that Bryan snapped of the testing:
testing pic 1
testing pic 2
testing pic 3
testing pic 4

Testing complete we headed home. Bryan wasn't feeling all to well so we stayed at home for the remainder of the day/night. We started working on the home office. We put up a temporary desk and hooked up the other computer for me to use. We also moved around the furniture putting Bryan's computer desk facing the windows. We went and purchased some wire for Bryan to run. I'm glad he's so smart. If it depended on my...well...doomed. The home office now looks so much better, and I think Bryan will enjoy working in there a lot more. We still need to hang some art work in there plus a few other touches, but for the most part, it is finished.

Sunday:
We slept in a little, but not too long. I didn't leave the house the entire day. Bryan and I worked on even more house organization/improvements. We really focused our efforts on the garage. We managed to get it about 90% complete. Everything is mostly put away and organized on the shelves. It looks so awesome. Plus, everything is so easy to find. There are still a few more things to put away, but it has come such a long way.

We also weather-proofed Bryan's futon that was already outside. It is now front porch ready! Our custom cushions are scheduled to arrive today. Now we can really start working on getting the front porch looking more "welcoming". It will be nice to be able to sit out there and enjoy the weather/neighborhood/yard while talking/eating/drinking. Yay!

We did soooo much this weekend. I couldn't believe how much we were able to accomplish. I am very excited about all of the things we have done, and even more excited about the things/plans/ideas we have planned for the near future. Our home is going to be so awesome. :D

Monday:
Well, we are both back at work. My boss is back from vacation. Life is normal. :)

Tonight there is no TKD class (reviewing testing results) so, I've decided to stay at home and clean the house. I'm also going to cook the crustless quiches I made a few weeks ago, freeze them, and eat them for breakfast over the next couple of weeks.

In care you cared - I'm making it through the week with out the fair, but it's hard! :(

Upcoming Events:
  • TKD Belt Ceremony - Friday night
  • my parents anniversary - August 1
  • 6 months! - August 9
  • a party (I have emails saying one is in the works)
  • lots of work deadlines
I'd like to have another event at our house soon...I'm thinking spades tournament. I'm probably going to be a little competitive at this Wendy, sorry, but it is a tournament. Let me know if anyone that reads this would be interested in a silly thing like that. :)

Artists I think you should know:

  • Stella Im Hultberg - beautiful, eloquent, seductive, sensual prints (mostly on tea stained paper) of women

1 comment:

Ryon said...

Spades is the best card game ever! Bring it on, sister!