Monday, July 21, 2008

The Start Of Another Week

Is it Monday again? The weekend must have flown right past me...maybe I was just so caught up in all of our "chores/activities" that I just didn't notice it sailing on by.

Friday:
I finally managed to make it out of my office door by 5 PM (yay!), and when I arrived home Bryan was already hard at work cutting the fiberglass pieces we bought to cat proof the backyard. Very impressive, Mr. Goldstein. ;) I changed clothes, and we knocked it out fairly quickly. We had the cats all roaming the backyard by sunset. As we were finishing up Wendy and Nicky stopped by to see us. Nicky was being his usual cute self. Sorry again Wendy for helping Bryan to hit you upside the head. We were both relieved to know that both eyes are still operational. :)

After that we were both gross and tired. We hung around the house and then hit the sack.

Saturday:
I slept in late....ah, so nice and so rare. Bryan was gone most of the day, and I was at home working in the garage. I managed to get a lot organized and cleaned up. It's really starting to come along out there. It shouldn't be much longer before everything is complete. I'll have a little art workstation, and Bryan will be back in his fit forge...also the car might be able to come back, but I'm not making any promises. :)

When I wasn't in the garage I was watching some old "home movies' I had shot back in high school and early college. Wow! That is some crazy stuff. I don't know how many people read this blog on facebook, but if any of my close friends from back in the day are reading this do I have a treat for you! I probably spent a little too much time watching all of these, but it was too funny. I simply had to.

This is what Bella and Mallos did all day:

I wanna be a cat (*foot stomping/hand on hip*)!!

When Bryan arrived home, we ate dinner and then headed to Scott's party. It was a fun party. Scott definitely had it going on party style. His garage was all like something out of Cribs. Very cool! We enjoyed ourselves, but we left early because we were tired!

Here are some pictures taken at the party:
Dan
Dan 2
Couple Shot
Beer Pong
Beer Pong 2
Beer Pong 3

Sunday:
We slept in a little, but not too long...way too much to do. First thing we did was go downtown to the City Wide Garage Sale. It was pretty cool. I really appreciated Bryan taking me and hanging out with me while I looked at every last booth. I found two must haves which I was able to talk down...one by half!

a 120mm camera (still not sure if it works):

and a photographers crying towel (?):

I also spied this (I'm probably going to kick my ass later for not buying it):

And Bryan made me take this picture:


After the garage sale we headed over to a Tattoo place to discuss my tattoo idea. I learned some good things, and I now have a lot to think about and lots of decisions to make - all suggestions/stories/comments are welcome. We both wanted to eat downtown since we aren't usually in that area, but there was someone who wanted to buy the phones so we had to rush home and make the exchange.

After this it was so time to get our grub on. Bryan suggested this place that he found a coupon for. It was sooooooooooooooo good...yes, that good!

The pictures to prove it (my meal - its called a cheddar pour):

Before:


After:


The decor:


After chowing down, we went to Lowe's to buy some much needed garage organization (pegboard, a shelf, and some other goodies). We unloaded our purchases and then went to see Dark Knight. Wow! It was soooo awesome. Joker was very well played. This movie makes me so proud to have Batman on my debit card. :) Finally back at home, we joined forces and cleaned the entire house! It looks so good.

See, it was a jam packed weekend.

Songs I'm digging right now:
Dangerous - Akon

The World Should Revolve Around Me - Little Jackie
A-Punk - Vampire Weekend

Artists I think you must know:
Kinsey
Check out all of his stuff. It's very political and there's a lot of social commentary. He also works a lot of shock value in there. Be sure to check out some of his older prints too...good stuff.

1 comment:

BlueSparrows said...

Neither of you are allowed to play sports that involve a ball around me, ever again.

And, I'm still not sure what that cheese thingy is...looks interesting though.