Monday, July 14, 2008

Worst Harry Potter Impression Ever!

Friday:
Last time I posted I was without a phone at all. It sucks to carry 2 iPhones that don't work. But before you go worrying about me...I was able to activate my new phone with no problem as soon as I arrived home. At first I didn't like my new toy all that much, but that quickly changed especially when I started to download the new applications (sigh...Apple we are going to get along for a very long time.) I love all the new updates. I still don't like a few things about the new iPhone (the curve exterior and the plastic casing), but I have come to absolutely love it! I wouldn't leave home without it...really...it has GPS! :)

After I activated my phone, I talked to Bryan via phone/net while he sat at the airport in Charlotte trying to make his way home despite the airline doing everything it could to stop him. For a while it looked like he might end up staying over in Chicago due to delays. Thankfully, he made it home sometime in the first hours of Saturday. I was asleep, but it was worth waking up for to see him finally home (yes, I know he was only gone for like 2 days!).

Saturday:
It's no surprise that we slept in. It was quite pleasant. I was fasting and couldn't eat until 3 PM, but I wanted to try a recipe that I found online. I am still desperately searching for the 5 recipes that will complete my cooking goal on my list. It was a recipe for crustless quiches. We had all the ingredients except for one thing. I was going to run to HEB to grab it and have the recipe done by the 24 hour mark of fasting. By the way, that was the easiest fasting day I've ever experienced. :) I never made it to the store. Sigh...like a moron or because I have a subconscious desire to resemble Harry Potter I gashed (that might be a little extreme of a term) open my head when I opened the door. The top corner of the door hit me right in the middle of the forehead. Nice! I never claimed to be smooth. It ended up not being a big deal (it barely bled), but it did hurt, freaked me out, and well, made me look quite gruesome. Bryan had to get apply first aid and get the missing ingredient. But like a true chef (Ha!) I managed to pull off a quite delicious meal. Crustless quiches have now made me 1/5 of the way to accomplishing my cooking goal for 30. I'd like to make a bunch and freeze them because after nuking they will make an excellent breakfast.

At 4 PM we headed over to Wendy's house for Nicky's 3rd birthday party which was a mixture of Spiderman and Transformer themed (very cool Nicky..very cool indeed!) We stayed for a while and enjoyed cake and ice cream. That Nicky is a character! Here are the pictures from the party (there aren't many because Wendy didn't upload like she promised - check back later for the full album).

Bryan and I went out for a quick bite and then watched Batman Begins before hitting the sack. I love me some Batman. :)

Sunday:
Bryan and I returned our duvet/shams to Macy's. They didn't look good on our new bed. I couldn't believe they took them back. We had none of the packaging...only a printed receipt of where we purchased online. We ran some more errands and then returned home.

We really didn't do much for the rest of the day. Bryan went out for a while and I hung out at the house. After he returned home and took a nap, we watched Pay It Forward (my favorite movie of all time). Then we attempted to sleep but couldn't. Finally we managed to get in about 3 hours.

Monday:
Getting up was hard. However, I wasn't all that tired throughout the day...surprising. It was a long day at work. TKD class was really good. I went running after class. I don't know what it was about last night, but I was in the zone. I ran better than I have in a long, long time. I might have even set a personal best had I not gotten a side cramp. Oh well.

Tuesday (today):
Had to be a work at 7 AM - way too early! I got my stimulus check...finally. I will be paying off a bill and will no longer be in dept to anyone. I love it!

No comments: