Monday, July 7, 2008

Let's Play Catch Up

Wow, I haven't posted in such a long time. I apologize for not updating sooner, but with the holiday weekend life has been going, going, going.

Our guests left on Thursday. It was so awesome to finally meet them. I had so much fun on Wednesday night before they left. We went to Mt. Bonnell, dinner, and then finally coffee at Mozart's. Here are the pics we took at Mt. Bonnell. Mt. Bonnell Album

Friday (day off from work - yay! & Independence Day):
It was awesome to have a day off from work. It was nice to be home all day with Bryan. I love long weekends. We didn't do a whole lot during the day, but in the evening we met up with some friends for a cookout even though we didn't eat. It was fun, but then we left in order to go to Auditorium Shores to catch the fireworks and symphony play. It was a really good fireworks show. Plus, the music just made it that much better. The only bad part was the annoying kids behind us who were have sword fights with the bright green light swords their parents thought would be awesome to buy them. Thanks for irritating me! It was a long walk but I think the fireworks were worth it. :)

Here are some videos I took of the firework show (look out for the pictures later in post):



Saturday:
Saturday found us in South Austin...shopping mostly. We checked out Lucy in Disguise (getting ready for my birthday party) and a tattoo place (because I'm thinking about getting a tattoo). I saw a guy standing on a corner advertising a furniture closing (50%-75% off!) and thought it would be a great place to look for Bryan a new computer desk. However, we ended up buying a new bedroom set....yeah, I know! It was such a great deal on such a beautiful set that I just couldn't pass it up. It's so elegant. Now it's time to finish the master bedroom. But the new duvet we had just purchased (missing in the picture) doesn't match anymore. :) Ah, that's life.



We also went to Home Depot and got the rest of the things we needed to kitty proof the backyard. Hopefully, we can get that done soon. I spent a lot of Saturday evening/night organizing the garage...still.

Sunday:
We didn't do a whole lot Sunday during the day, but that night we saw Dethklok in Concert. It was so wicked cool. Ryon rode with us to the concert. It was a lot of fun though it made for a late bedtime on a work night. :) When did I get to be old? Check out the videos I took:



Pictures from the firework show/Dethklok concert.

Monday:
I was back at work and fasting. I had an awesome TKD class. I earned my green stripe (for target drills) and am starting to feel fairly ready for testing (July 26th). I still need more sparring experience.

Tuesday (today):
We couldn't sleep last night; I believe it was around 3 AM when we finally dozed off. I overslept and look a little hellish sitting at work now. I'm ok now, but I'm convinced I'll be dead by lunch even. I didn't have time to eat breakfast or grab anything for lunch. Sigh. It's gonna be one of those days.

Songs I'm digging at the moment:
- Go Forth and Die - Dethklok
- Let It Die - Foo Fighters
- Realize - Colbie Caillat

1 comment:

Ringo Abroad said...

If you're still thinking about a tattoo, you may want to check out Chris Gunn. He uses the most beautiful colors I've ever seen, and he's really good at working with your mental image of what you'd like.

http://www.southsidetattoos.com/