Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Foot In My Mouth Way...A Retraction

Ugh...ugh...ugh! Last night was a total bust. Bryan and I battled our way all the way down to the South Lamar location of the Alamo Drafthouse and struggled for 10 minutes to find a parking space only to get a call from my TKD instructor saying that the Alamo had canceled the pre-screening and demo of The Foot Fist Way. How rude!! It wasn't my instructors fault. The Alamo didn't even take the time or courtesy to call him. Poor guy! He drove over an hour just to get there. He invited us to come eat with him and a few of the other students that had arrived to see the movie, but we decided to go to a restaurant that I ate at a lot while I was working at LGI. I had bragged on it so much, and Bryan wanted to try it since we were in the neighborhood.

Here's a pic of him before the meal:


It was probably good that things worked out the way they did. There were still many things that I wanted to do before today (the day Bryan's mother arrives!). We definitely used our unexpected time wisely. We hung framed art up all over the house. It looks really nice too. Bryan already had quite a bit up, but now we are both represented. So, for those of you have heard me talk a lot about my photography but haven't seen any actual proof of it...well, the next time you come over have a little looksy. :) Oh and if it's mine its for sale...lol...not that any one would want it, but hey, "I'm just sayin'."

Work is good today. I'm currently eating lunch at my desk because I'm working through lunch so I can go with Bryan to pick up his mother from the airport around 5. I look forward to meeting her and hope she will think highly of me.

Looks like the Pancake Theater is on for Saturday. I'm really excited to do this again. Hmmm...I wonder what we will be bringing?

Lastly, I keep waking with stuffed ears. This happened for the first time last Friday. It stayed that way the whole day. It's not painful only annoying, but the worst part is that it knocks off my equilibrium making TKD very difficult. I even had to take allergy medication before my TKD testing. Not having balance on an important day like that would suck in a royal way. It's happened a few other days since only not as bad...until today....ugh. Everything has a roar to it. This sucks. But again, it's not painful, just annoying. I just wish I knew what was causing it. Any guesses/suggestions?

Music I'm digging right now:
Coldplay - Violet Hill

No comments: