Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Sparred! (Finally)

Last night's TKD class was so awesome! I was the only student who showed up which is awesome because it's like getting a private lesson with out paying extra and also less stressful. :D I was able to go over my form with my instructor which was nice. I got some very good feedback and pointers. I can definitely use these to sharpen my form. Then it was time to spar...gasp! Finally, right? I have to admit - I've been trying to skirt around it. I was super nervous. However, there was nowhere to hide last night. It was very intimidating trying to spar with my much higher ranked and much larger instructor. And I survived. There were 4 rounds. The first 3 consisted of me just trying to score (that's coming within 6 inches for my rank), and the last round he also tried to attack. I managed to actually get a couple of "hits". Even though I was by no means really good at sparring, I realized that it wasn't all that difficult. I'm pretty sure that I can do the tournament now. I will only be up again green and senior green adult females, none of which have been sparring very long either. I probably won't win, but I don't think I'll be laughed out of the building either. :) Now I just need to practice my form like crazy. I hope so happy that I finally got this step behind me. Sparring is so demanding on the body! It will make for better classes I think (exercise speaking).

Usually, I don't go to Wednesday night classes because they are geared toward sparring, but now that I'm sparring, I'm pretty excited about attending this night. I will find another night to take off because I still like to keep one night where Bryan and I stay home and have some quality time together during the week.

No comments: