Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Wait Is Killing Me!

This week is odd for many reasons. Not odd in a bad way...just different from a normal week.

First of all there are no TaeKwonDo classes this week. Well, there are a couple, but because of primary testing that was held this past Saturday and secondary testing being held this week the classes are all off. There were no classes last night. The schools all take the day to pour over all of the results from Saturday's testing. The wait is killing me. It will all be over on Friday though. Pass or fail, I will finally know. Friday is the awards ceremony. I'm excited because I have never been to an awards ceremony and scared because I still believe somehow there is a small chance that perhpas I didn't do as good as I had thought. Yeah, I know - don't say a word! I really enjoyed my night off last night. I have been going at TKD classes so hard lately. It was good to just chill especially after all of the upacking and cleaning I've been doing lately.

Bryan's mother comes on Wednesday and will be here till Sunday. She picked a good week. Now that I'm done with testing and classes are all crazy anyway, I can really focus my attention on her visit. I've been cleaning the house like a mad woman to make sure it's spotless, and we've revamped the guest room. I really like it and hope she does as well.

Yesterday Bryan and I fasted. We finally feasted at our Monday night tradition of Kirby Lane. I'm amazed that I don't eat more after fasting for 24 hours. I expected to make up for ever meal I had missed in one sitting, but find that the opposite is true. Perhpas the fasting gives your stomach a chance to shrink. I hope so. I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds. Not many...maybe 5? There's muscle under there begging to show. :D

Tonight will be fun and hectic. It will be fun because we are going to a pre-screening of The Foot Fist Way. It's a comedy about TaeKwonDo which is cool enough, but to make it really awesome, my instructor is giving a demo before the movie. It's being held at the South Lamar location of the Alamo Drafthouse. I love the Alamo. I can't wait to see it. However, there is so much to do tonight since Bryan's mother is coming tommorrow. Oh well, I'm sure we'll find a way to fit it all in if we combine our powers. Hehe..that's for your Bryan.

There is talk of trying to do another edition of our own Pancake Theater Saturday night. The last time which was also the first time was so much fun.

Sunday is the June meeting for my meetup.com photography group. This is the first month that I entered their montly photo contest. I don't care if I win...mostly becasue you don't actually win any thing, but it will be cool to see who did win now that I'm a part of it.

So, as you can see it will be a busy, busy week, but it will also be a lot of fun.

And just in case you were wondering - the cats are getting along pretty well these days. Everyday they sleep a little closer....hehe. :)

Oh, and I love my job!! :) I made the right decision.

2 comments:

BlueSparrows said...

Maybe one day you'll cat will say hi to me, maybe on a Nicky free day...

BlueSparrows said...

shoulda been "your" ugh.