Monday, June 16, 2008

Things I'm Thankful For

Here are some things that I'm thankful for at this moment in my life.

1. Bryan:
Ok, no surprise there, but I'd just like to point out how thankful I am to have him in my life. Not only am I thankful I found him, I'm thankful for our relationship which is constant and secure as well as exciting and healthy. It is pleasant to have finally found all of the things I was looking for in a mate.

2. Intelligent Friends:
I'm so happy that I have so many smart, witty, and funny friends to hang out with. Granted most of them were Bryan's first, I still am thankful to have them.

3. Siblings:
Siblings can be annoying but also great. I'm mostly thankful that mine are so much younger than me. They have allowed me to experience babies in a way most people don't until they have them. They have shown me that while it's not all giggles and fun, children (even siblings) are special and amazing. Each one of my 3 younger siblings is truly special to me. They are constantly amazing me as they grow and learn.

4. A Job I Love:
I won't go on about this...mostly because I promised I wouldn't in my previous post. Still, it is nice to love what you do and do what you love. I didn't know I'd love the construction industry, but after holding two jobs in the field, it has become part of me. I simply love the constant change that is in the air of a construction office. There is always something to complete as well as start. There is a sameness and a uniqueness about each project. It is so exciting to see a project and a company grow and evolve; it is exciting to be a part of the transformation (even though my part isn't hands on).

5. A House:
Now that I have moved in with Bryan I finally have a place to call home. Yes, I've had a roof over my head since I graduated college, but I was always paying rent on someone else's property. I didn't have the right to paint the walls or fix the yard how I saw fit. I am thankful that Bryan already had a house and even more thankful he was kind enough to open it up to me. I love our house. It's perfect for us, and I love adding to it, decorating, and making it fit us a little more.

6. The Cats:
All 3 of them! Each has a very distinct personality. I'm thankful that Bella finally has others to keep her company while I have to be at work. Having pets makes you feel very loved and accepted, and ours are no different. They each have their own way of showing us. They are my entertainment and cuddle buddies. I love each of them so much.

7. Austin:
I love Austin, and I'm so thankful that I was fortunate enough to find it. I can't imagine living anywhere else now that I have lived here. It is such an awesome and unique city. I love the land, the people, and the mentality. I'm thankful that I can raise my children in a city that can offer them most anything they can dream of doing (something I didn't have growing up).

8. My Future:
My future looks better and more promising than it ever has before. I know what I want and everything is heading in that direction. I couldn't be happier about this. It's good to know what you what but also to know that it is possible and within reach. I'm excited to see how my life unfolds even in the next 5 years. I think a lot of good things are coming my way, and they are all much appreciated and welcomed.

9. TaeKwonDo:
I have always loved martial arts. I wish I could have started out much younger in life, but I am just thankful that I was able to find an art that I loved and can participate in. Martial arts was not something that was offered in my town when I was growing up. Though I missed out on it then, I'm glad that doesn't hold true now. I spend many nights at my school, and I love every minute of it. It's fun and teaches me more than martial arts. It is truly a way of life.

10. Art:
Yes, I have a degree in it, but that is hardly why I love it. I love that I have a way to express myself. Everyone has a way, and many people use art as their outlet. I'm thankful that I was able to get a great education and teaching into many types of art. I always have a way to express myself no matter the emotion, and I have so many types and mediums in which to use. It's a hobby, a way of life, and outlet...the list goes on and on. Art is great because everyone can do it, and you can learn and grow from others experiences in it. Plus, art is everywhere if you're paying attention.

1 comment:

BlueSparrows said...

I like your list, I am thankful for many of the same things.

Please add "unintelligent, but within walking distance" friends to your list.

:)