Monday, June 9, 2008

WWDC 2008

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

OMG! Today is a HUGE day! So many things will be learned by the time our heads hit our pillows tonight. I'm so excited!

There are some things we are almost certain to hear about - things that any Apple enthusiast has been dying to know. Things such as when does this new iPhone drop...which leads to more questions like:
1. What will it look like? (slimmer, thinker, longer, black? - Tell me!)
2. How many new features have you added to it? (video, GPS? - Again tell me!)
3. How many standards of the new iPhone will be able to be upgraded to my current iPhone?
4. And the biggest - How much will this damn phone cost me?
I've been thinking about getting this next generation iPhone and passing the old one along to Bryan. Hey, what better hand me down have you gotten?

Also we shall surely here about any new operating system. I need to know - what will it be like, new features, the name? C'mon Jobs, you're are killing me over here. I've been looking at buying a Mac laptop and need to know if I should hold out for awhile. There's nothing worse than forking out a bunch of money on a computer only to have them put out something brand spanking new making your little investment yesterday's news. Sigh, we've all been there. It's not an easy thing to avoid with constant releases and upgrades. Hell, marketers do this stuff on purpose. One minute you've got the latest trend and everyone envies you, and the next thing you know you're envying someone else for the same product with a tweak.

It pretty much goes without saying, but I'll do it anyway - I'll be following every little update of this event through my Google reader feeds. If you want to follow along I suggest:
- Gizmodo
- Engadget
Trust me - these guys will be all over this event. You won't miss a thing.

And let's face it, with Jobs you never know what you're gonna get. This guy has more tricks up than a magician. (I was gonna go in another direction but magician seems safe. :) ) This guy is as much a performer and speaker as he is an inventor, businessman, and well, a revolutionary. I don't want to turn this post into a "why I admire Steve Jobs speech," but the man is a genius! And I actually was reading about the companies that actually have or are rumored to have product announcements today...whaaa? Why would you do that? "Ooooh, look at me, look at me." Seriously. What? No one cares. Ok, maybe there are a few people who care, but why would you want to compete with the spotlight of Apple today? It's just my thinking that you should want to have a day all to yourself. There's a good chance that your lesser product will be lost in the hustle and bustle of reports on Apple this and Apple that. I mean take a look at this shit:
http://gizmodo.com/5014340/rumor-microsoft-to-upstage-apple-wwdc-with-xbox-360-blu+ray-announcement
Microsoft you get on my last nerves. Blue Ray + XBox 360 = exciting - as long as you don't factor in WWDC day. And why must you constantly try to upstage Apple? Get real! When Jobs releases a product in its first generation it is already better than what a 3rd or even 4th generation product from Microsoft would be. Keep trying Microsoft, you are only embarrassing yourself...in my eyes at least. Most people are too big of morons to realize just what crappy products Microsoft gets them to believe are great. Microsoft - you have been stealing stuff since your creation. I applaud you in your ability to do so and stay top dog, but don't try to pretend to be something you are not. You have a few great products...but it makes me think given your track record if perhaps there isn't something fishy going on over there. And these morons have latched on to your product so hard that they have made it impossible to get away from. I have to look at this crappy Windows XP everyday of my life knowing there is something better out there. Gates, I hope you thank God for morons every night because without them you would cease to exist. And if you really want to know all of the "might have beens" in the personal computer timeline then check out The Rise of Silicon Valley. You can check it out at this site http://www.veoh.com/videos/v606733nf2S6Sm2. There are 5 parts, and I guarantee you will probably learn some very interesting things you didn't know about how we got to where we are today...which is WWDC 2008. Lol, I soft of when off on a tangent there, didn't I? :D Sorry! I feel strongly about these kinds of things. I could go on and on about how much I don't like Microsoft and how Apple would be nothing without the perfectionist ways of Steve Jobs, but I'll stop here.

Enjoy WWDC '08. Hopefully, we'll all find at least one new thing we can't live without today. :)

Things getting on my nerves lately:
- propositions - Do you know how hard it is to not end a sentence with one? Is there like a sentence structure for dummies I need to read? Any tips, suggestions for how to break the habit?

No comments: