Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Things To Occur

So many things are coming up here in the next few weeks as well as the rest of the summer. Ah, summer...I love it so. And I don't want to hear anyone complaining about the humidity. Texas is NOT humid! :)

Before I launch into what's coming up let me relive yesterday.

Work kicked my ass, but I still love my job. When I got home Bryan was almost done with a delicious dinner. I appreciate his cooking more than he'll ever know. And I love how healthy he tries to make everything. As a person who can't cook, I find it all too easy to eat bad because it's convenient. After eating we decided to move around the furniture in our bedroom. It really changed the look and feel of the room. I love it. It feels like there is way more room. I can't wait till our new duvet comes in, and then we get to start figuring out what we want to do in the way of paint and walls. Yay and ugh...lol. I took a little nap, and it was time for class which was awesome! I learned the rest of my green belt form. Now I have to bust my ass to get it looking great if I have any chance of not making a fool of myself at the tournament in like 2 weeks!

What's coming up:

- Tonight Bryan and I are going to see Bleach the movie. I imagine this will be good, but I have to admit I know nothing about Bleach the show. Bryan loves this stuff so I will try it because I love him. :) I really hope I don't have to read subtitles.

- The TKD tournament is coming up on June 28. I will be competing against female green and senior green belts. I have a long way to go in this short time. I will be competing in forms as well as sparring (which scares the shit out of me). Speaking of sparring....

- I am attending a sparring clinic on Saturday at my school. I'm excited to learn but also scared and nervous. However, I'm glad they have a clinic designed as an introduction instead of just jump in there a learn. I will also have to buy my sparring gear which I've learned is a ridiculous amount (over $200)!

- On July 26 I will be testing again...going for the senior green. I'm excited for this. I don't think I will be as nervous now that I have done a testing and know what to expect. On the other hand I haven't done sparring at a testing either, but maybe if I am prepared enough to do the tournament it won't be as big of a deal.

- On June 29 Bryan's sister and her boyfriend are coming for a visit. This is awesome, and I'm really excited to meet them. His sister is the last member of the family that I haven't met. I think it will be a fun trip for them, and hopefully Bryan and I can show them an awesome time here in Austin.

On a side note:
I haven't been kayaking! I'm pretty bummed about it, but life has been crazy busy...more so than I ever thought possible. Of course, it's been busy in a good way. However, I do really want to get back out there on the water especially since it's so warm now. I should really take time to put it on the calender and stick with it. I feel bad that after buying it I've only put it out on the water once. I must be more disciplined.

Don't forget that Sunday is Father's Day.

No comments: