Saturday, May 31, 2008

My New Acquisition

Today has been a good day indeed. Jason and I spent the afternoon together. We ate an awesome lunch at Fuddrucker's. I really love that place. They have the best burgers I've ever eaten, and the shakes are also hard to beat.

After we ate we went to Goodwill. I love thrift shopping. It's one of the few things that I think Jason and I always agree on. It's been a hobby of ours for a few years now. You never know what treasure might be found or what deal you may come across. I'm pretty dorky like that :). I did get a few things. The one right by my house is a pretty upscale Goodwill.

Finished with thrift shopping, I got the bright idea that we should trade in a bunch of games and my PS2 (because Bryan and I each had one). We went to Game Over because most of my stuff included really old stuff like NES and SEGA. Game Stop is a pretty cool place if you need something current, but they just don't really don't do it for me. I like ALL things video games. I still have all my old systems (NES, N64, gameboys (several!)). This place is AWESOME! They even have a little museum of every system you can imagine, plus they have a bunch of old systems for sale. It was pretty sweet. I definitely saw about 10 things that were a must have. :) I ended up having $64 in store credit or $38 in cash. I've found it pretty impossible to walk out without making the trade. After looking at all of the old systems I really wanted one. So, I settled on this:



Oh yeah - a Game Cube! I haven't plugged it in yet (waiting on Bryan), but I am so excited to crank this thing up. She's a beauty!! I got 2 controllers and 1 game. I spent about $25 extra, but it was totally worth it.

I'd like to brag on myself at this point by saying that not many girlfriends acquire video games/sets while their boyfriends are out of town. Bryan, you are a lucky fella!

Speaking of the man...I can't wait for him to get home. 4:30 tomorrow! Let's just hope that I don't get into any wrecks on the way to the airport this time. ;) Ok, I have to get back to cleaning. This house must be spotless for Bryan but more importantly his mom. She comes on Wednesday!!

No comments: