Monday, May 19, 2008

I Love A Good Weekend.

It's true I do. And this one was no exception. Lately they've all been so wonderful. A string of good weekends...it's better than a string of pearls.

Friday:
Friday was awesome if for no other reason that I started my new job at Lott Brothers Construction. It was a day of learning and mostly just settling in, but it was awesome!

After work Bryan and I went to the Cheesecake Factory where his friend Jose was having a
birthday dinner. It was good company, good food, good drinks, and many, many laughs. We went back to Bryan's and eventually went to sleep. Good way to end a good day.

Here are some pictures from the birthday dinner:












Haha...after dinner (he's only resting his eyes) :)


Saturday:
Saturday morning I had the model shoot through my photography meetup group. It was so disorganized, at least in my opinion. We met at a park downtown. Fine, but the organizer of the shoot only noted himself as the place to meet. Not fine. The park is big. He said, "Look for the guy with the camera and model releases." Do you know how many people at this park there were with cameras. Idiot! I spent 30 minutes looking for this dumbass. I pretty much let my disgust be known in front of the entire turnout. I might bring it up at the next meeting. Hmm...mostly likely will depend on if I'll remember by then. :D Anyway, it was 3 photographers per model. Also not fine. We were in each other's way, and the model was confused about where to look. Completely a waste of my time and gas. Plus it was really hot.

Here are some pics I shot of the park:








After an hour of that, I left for my TKD class. It was really good. I'm enjoying them more and more each time. I'm almost excited for testing (but still mostly nervous). There is still much practicing to be done.

I chilled at Bryan's for a little while, and then we were off to Tommy's house for the Indiana Jones Movie Marathon. That was a lot of fun. I love this group. :) I guess they watched all 3 movies, but Bryan and I only stayed for 2. But we ate and drank and were very merry. We even got a little Rock Band in before the show. It was super fun. I love movie nights. Just be careful who you sit by...hehe. Kidding! Ben, you were a riot! Always sit on the "loud couch" because that's where all the fun happens just like the floor is where all the sleeping happens. After that we pretty much just chilled and then slept.

Check out these pics from the movie marathon:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2010041&l=63c01&id=163200356

Sunday:
Ah, the sleeping in day...and we did! But we finally had to stir and start the day. We went shopping for some groceries, played some games, and I did a photoshoot of Bryan's martial art moves/weapons. I need to edit them before they can become public view, but hopefully soon I will have something to post for ya'll. We also met Wendy and her son for some coffee/tea and fun/silly conversation which all occurred outside. I am loving this really warm weather, but I feel you have more Texas. Bring it on! :D We stayed up really late, but finally we slept.

Today (Monday):
It was brutal to get up so early this morning thanks to super late chatter. But work was really good today. It's exciting to be starting my first full week at LBCC. And after hanging out with some of the other girls at the company for instructions, I can tell this job is for the one for me. I came home for lunch and took my cat outside while I ate. Again - loving the weather. And she really enjoys her time outside.

On a side note:
I received this month's AT&T internet bill (see past entry). I didn't want to jump through all the circus rings that I have had to in past month's. So, I wrote out my check at prepared it for the mail, but when I went to make out the envelope this is what I discovered:

No, you're eyes do not deceive you. They actually printed the bill with a mail payment to: and then left it blank. I had to call to find out where to mail the check, and they were really rude! Ugh...I hate them so much. I mean, was this really an accident? I kinda think it wasn't as sound as that would be.

Going to class tonight and looking forward to it. Monday night classes are my favorite I think. Haha...maybe that's because Monday is the night that Bryan and I go to Kirby Lane for dinner. I always get the special pancake of the day.

Things I'm loving lately:
Bryan :D
my job (wow, can't remember the last time I thought that)

Music I'm really digging right now:
- Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl
- Citizen Cope - Son's Gonna Rise
- Radiohead - House of Cards (even though this isn't new)
- Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful of Sunshine
- Jordin Sparks - No Air
- Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart

No comments: