Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm A Bad Girl.

I've done a very naughty thing. I felt bad until about noon today. After that I was like well...right or wrong the deed is done. So, here's the story...

As many of you know I gave my notice to my current job that I was moving on on Friday. They quickly began looking for my replacement. My boss and I even had a deal that I would create a guideline for my replacement to help them understand their job. I didn't have anything to help me learn, and it made it difficult. They wanted to help the next person learn the role more quickly and easily, and I agreed this was a great idea. They asked if I would also train the person, and I said I would. However, instead of phasing me out and giving me time to work on this extensive document they seemed to take advantage of my remaining time by piling it on. Yesterday the work load just became ridiculous. I don't want to go to a pity party here. All I am saying is it became too much to do a job I already hated especially when they are taking advantage of me. I was still on through the staffing agency and not really obligated to the company. I mean what can they do fire me? Technically no... I'm leaving anyway. I do not care. After work yesterday I cleaned off my desk and left them the key to the office. The staffing agency did call looking for me at 11. I do I feel I owe my boss an explanation. He is currently in Mexico so I will have to send him an email. I do feel bad for ducking out. It was so hard just to finish that day out. I did what work I could during the day, but I left a lot undone. I would normally beat myself up over this...but...since I feel they piled it on, I really can't make myself feel too bad. I'm glad to be rid of the whole thing. I'm sorry for the pitiful and less than graceful exit I made, but my sanity was at stake. I will not miss the office or the commute...especially the commute. I wonder if they are cursing my name today.

I took today off. I needed it. And good news...I start at the new job tomorrow!! I am so excited. This job is going to totally change my life...not just career but also in being able to do things after work. I will not waste all the extra time I will gain by not having to drive all the way to and from South Austin every day. The money I'll save on gas however, I will try to keep in the bank where it draws major interest.

Today I am just relaxing at Bryan's house trying not to distract him too much from his job and catching up on some music. We went out for sushi for lunch. Soo good! Later tonight I will be going to class again. I have really been loving it lately. I can't wait to have more time to rest before I have to go. I used to come home from work and barely be there before it was time to leave. I need to get my head cleared before I can go practice a martial art. I bought some TKD t-shirts at the school on Tuesday. I wore one to the sushi restaurant today. It says TKD in Korean...least I think so. :) I can't read it, but the hostess said, "Ah, Tae Kwon Do." LOL...yeah! I wonder if she thought I just wore it because I like the tiger one it...hehe.

Last night the weather was pretty bad. I wasn't scared though. Anyone who has known me for years knows that I get really scared during tornado weather. It hailed, but I found myself more worried about my car than a tornado. I was pretty proud of myself. Even when the sirens went off I didn't really care. I checked the weather online and while it looked bad I could tell everything was going to be just fine. By the way...my car came out without a scratch...or dent. Thank goodness! No one wants to spend their one day off working on an insurance claim. I tried to take pictures but found that they just couldn't do it justice. It has hailed more since I moved to Texas than I've ever seen in my life, and trust me, I have seen tornado weather. Hope everyone made it through the storm too.

Music I'm loving lately (check em out...I wouldn't lead you astray):
- Ghostland Observatory (esp. the song Sad, Sad City)
- Once I Loved - Astrud Gilberto from Juno B-Sides: Almost Adopted Songs
- Fall Out Boy's remake of Beat It
- Handlebars by Flobots
- Mercy by Duffy

2 comments:

BlueSparrows said...

I would have done the same thing given the circumstances with your job so I don't think you were bad... especially if they were going to take advantage of you, it's an everyone-for-themself world when it comes to business ya know.

Congratulations on your new job and the shorter commute!

Sad Sad City is one of my favourite songs! It's been my ring tone for a while now, also check out "Never Had it" by Flobots the girl has an amazing voice, and "Kids" by MGMT is a great song. I <3 music :)

yellow_gin said...

thanks!! that makes me feel better :) I'll check out those songs...always send me anything u think i may like...i think we have similar tastes in music