Monday, May 12, 2008

Just Another Monday...

I am tired of bleak days here in Austin. Seriously, what is the deal? I am thankful that the weekends have for the most part been beautiful, but Blah! what a way to kick off the week. And it's already gonna be a hard week because I don't want to be at this job. I want to be at my new job. I spent about 30 minutes at the new place this morning simply meeting some people and getting acquainted with office in general. Should help day 1 go a little smoother. I'm also scheduled to do the same thing in the morning. Looking forward to meeting with everyone. I am not necessarily ready to jump into a new learning curve, but I am ready for change no matter how it has to happen. So, I'll work my ass off until I learn my job...and then...I'll perfect it and do it the best they've ever seen. Because that's how I roll... :) It's so nice to have a job title I'm proud of.

Here is a link to my new company's website: http://www.lottbrothers.com/. Check it out.

Anyway, enough of the job stuff. Sunday recap:

Sunday was a good day. Can't say that everything was accomplished, but it was an awesome day none the less. We slept in because we stayed up so late on Saturday. However, Saturday night was a lot of fun so even if it did mess up my sleep a little, I'm glad we did it. We hung around not doing much for most of the day. I had been wanting to start a couple's workout on Sundays. I thought it would be fun since we both like to work out, but we never do it together. Just another way to spend time with one another I suppose. :) Bryan planned the whole workout. It was really good...and fun! My legs are a little sore, but the good kind (I can still walk). I'll work it out in class tonight. I hope we can do that as many Sundays as possible. I think I'll plan this Sunday's workout. We'll see if he can handle it...hehe.

That evening we went downtown so I could attend my photography meetup group's monthly meeting. It was a little different than normal. They had a photojournalist come to speak and share his experiences. He is still starting out even though he's been in the industry for a few years. It's hard to make a living in any art profession unless you really stick with it or are extremely lucky. I wouldn't want to do what he does, but it was very interesting to hear him talk about his job. It must be awesome to have a big portfolio of printed works. He brought along some pretty cool prints from his personal work too. I'm really loving the meetings now that I am getting to know some of the people and they are getting to know me too. I really look forward to everything they plan, and they have some really cool things that they want to initiate into the group. Sounds like I joined at a good time. There should be some sort of shoot this weekend. I'll have to keep my eyes posted on the website for the info. I love a photoshoot.

Speaking of...I really wanted to do a martial arts photoshoot of Bryan. He has so many cool movements and stances. I would love to capture that in black and white with extreme lighting. I'd love to get that in this weekend. I've been going over it in my mind for some time now and am ready to see it translate to film.

The rest of Sunday was lazy just like I like it. We cooked a super simple yet tasty meal and played PS3. Who could think of a better day?

Backtracking a little...the 9th was our 3 month anniversary. It feels like so much longer though. I think that happens when things just go so smoothly and feel so right. Anyway, I won't go on and on because I'm sure no one other than Bryan wants to hear about it. :) But let me say that he's an awesome man, and I feel blessed to have him. Looking forward to more anniversaries.

No comments: